So, after countless hours and a million stops and starts with the quilting, I decided to paint it all. Yep. Big sigh. I got out all the different fabric paints I have and identified twenty different colors to fill in the quilting, and for the last week have been painstakingly working on it. It's extremely slow going since I'm trying to stay in the lines. A bit challenging as well because the funny texture of this fabric makes it really hard to get into the crevices.
Here are a couple of in progress pictures though and it's already feeling much more how I imagined it. Not sure how the whole thing will turn out, but the deadline for the shows I want to enter is fast approaching so I'm going to be hard at it until it's finished. Just keep your fingers crossed that I don't set my hand down in wet paint or spill it or anything like that.
I guess the moral of the story is that thread is not really enough- maybe I'll screen print the designs next time or applique them or something.
Linking up with the fabulous Nina-Marie as always!