1. I laughed at this present I got at the work silly santa game. Yes, it really is a 16 oz mason jar filled with silver glitter. My department chair opened it, but after several rounds of steals I wound up with it. Definitely silly, and definitely something I at least have the potential to use (unlike my chair). He wound up with the laser that projects christmas patterns on your house which was a much cooler gift but I didn't mind "taking one for the team".
2. I liked these silly soda flavors I saw at the grocery store the other day! In addition to "Dog drool" and "Kitty piddle" there were also "Bug barf", "Alien snot", "Worm ooze" and several others. No idea what they taste like, but they made me smile.
3. I was entertained by this coloring book in the glass place! It's a little local coloring book with coloring pages interspersed with ads. But the ads are for grownup things like lawyers and body shops and banks and tree trimming services, so not the kinds of things kids in the coloring book would be interested in. Just made me giggle.
4. I love this cookbook my friend gave me! It's filled with pretty and delicious cookies and it's exciting to have some new cookie recipes to try. I made two recipes out of it last week, and both tasted great but I think I would have been kicked off of the baking show because they looked terrible! I need to work on my decorating skill. The first batch was lemon and orange with chocolate accent, and I managed to get chocolate everywhere. On the wall and canisters and in my hair. Really a mess! :) Clearly I need some practice.
5. I loved this Christmas tree at the hospital at our university! It's a children's hospital and the tree is covered with handknitted hats donated by staff and others. They're free to the kids and babies that come to be treated there.
6. I got very excited the other day when I went to the post office to get stamps and mail some packages. They had dogs!!! (military service dogs), and T-rexes!!!!!, and dragons!!!! It was a fantastic stamp trifecta.
7. And of course I love the pups. They really did not want to share the chair, but I insisted, and when I sat down on that tiny portion of cushion available, Blue just buried his face under my leg.
8. I loved this mini-trailer from the Griswolds that my neighbor put up between our houses. It's decorated with Christmas lights and makes me smile. It might be time for a re-watch of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!
I hope you're all having a great week! Have a very Merry Christmas!!! Click over to Lee Anna's for more great things to like!