Thursday, November 14, 2019

I Like #139

Hi Everyone!  Welcome to another week of things to like!


1.  I like my Sam bush!  It's at it's most glorious right now, a bright intense red with almost pink undertones.  The Bullett bush is behind it but is only about 3 inches high and has two leaves.  I really think it might die, it didn't wind up growing at all this year, but I'll plant a new one in the spring if I need to.  In any case, the Sam bush is fantastic.  Loving memories of them both!

2.  I like getting outside!  I got to take Blue on a nice hike around lake Arcadia this Saturday.  After a week of cold (and followed by another week of cold), the temperature hit 70 on Saturday so the hiking was fantastic.





3. I like this begonia!  This is my fourth begonia (I think)- it's my plant nemesis; I always manage to kill them.  But surprise surprise, at the moment this one is doing really well!  It even bloomed while I wasn't looking.  It's the only thing blooming right now, so was a cheery spot of color.  Keep your fingers crossed it continues to do well!




4. I blogged about a second fall quilt I just finished,  I love the way it turned out.  You can check it out here.


5.  I really enjoyed this article on the blog of my friend Teresa Duryea Wong.  It's about an army veteran who took up quilting with his wife after returning from several tours of duty overseas.  There's a lot of great stuff in there; the story was very moving, but I especially like how at the end she talks about how he's now a long haul truck driver (and a National Guardsman) and has set up a mini-quilting studio in his rig!  Definitely worth a read, and very timely this week as we all remember and honor those who serve(d) our nation in the armed forces!

I hope you all had a wonderful week, and hope you will click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


9 comments:

  1. what do begonias want? I can't believe this is surviving inside anyway. I think I read they don't like a lot of water but could be wrong. The pics of your lake walk are so pretty. The quilt is brilliant, the string frame sets off the center. I like Teresa too. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual awesome likes. Love your autumn quilt. Great walk Bobbin is getting to be much more willing to withstand the cool, and damp so we are outside more often which is good for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about the soldiers learning to knit during rehabilitation after the second world war and now this...I had to read the post...what a quilt and imagine quilting in his rig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon! Love the photos of the lake and the pups - and 70 degree weather?!! Oh, if only. You Sam bush is beyond gorgeous! Wow! Another wow for your begonia - I've never had luck with an indoor version. Yay to blooms. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. 70F! I'm jealous. Beautiful outdoors. Love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't your Sam bush gorgeous?! I hope it makes it through the winter. That looks like a pretty hike - it is so nice to be outside on a nice day after several nasty ones. I love your new fall quilt! I don't know much about Spoonflower - that's a beautiful picture you took, and to have it in fabric is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Sam bush is so vibrant and pretty! I sure hope it survives. Your fall quilt is so cool! I need to read more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that Sam bush is stunning. I can't keep begonias alive so that is cool that yours is blooming. I like your fall quilt- nice idea to surround the panel like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Sam bush is gorgeous! My mother-in-law always had begonias and kept them alive and beautiful. Me not so much. Mine never lasted very long. Your fall quilt is so pretty! Thanks for sharing your likes!

    ReplyDelete