Thursday, December 12, 2019

I like #143

It's been a good week around here,  not filled with very much productivity on long term stuff but filled with lots of joyous interactions with friends and with lots of prep for Christmas.  I love advent, and my list is always a million miles long.  The past couple of years I've let up on the self-induced pressure to make progress on bigger quilt projects during advent; acknowledging that it's ok to have a month of other crafty stuff taking priority.  A lot of that I can't share yet, but still lots of goodness to put out into the world.

1. I like my Christmas tree!  So far the dogs have been leaving it (and the ornaments alone) and I've been enjoying looking at it while snuggling them at the end of the day.  So many fun memories in all the ornaments!






2.  I love my Christmas cacti!  They're blooming again,  I'll have to take some pictures of the smaller one too, but my big red/fuschia one is always so gorgeous!  Love!  The batteries in the electronic lock on my studio died last night so I had to crawl in through a window and I almost knocked over my precious euphorbia, but I managed to avoid it.  It's so tall and tippy,  I'll have to share some more pictures of it at some point.

3.  I love my pups!  Somehow Blue has decided it's not enough to sit on the sofa, he has to sit up on the back of the sofa.  Bullett used to do this, but he was 1/3 the size of Blue!  The couch is very squashed now, but that's ok.  :)



4.  I love making small crafty gifts for other people.  This week I was putting together the gifts for my Santa Ministry names, all elderly people who are shutins or in nursing homes. They typically supply a list of things they'd like or need. One lady requested pillows, so to go with those I made her some fun bright pillowcases.  Another gentleman requested toiletries and hygiene supplies, so to go with those, I crocheted him a soft washcloth.  It always seems to make the presents a bit more personal (especially because we never meet the people) to have a little something handmade in the box.





5.  Another sunrise-  they've really been spectacular lately, and I liked seeing my lit up front yard tree with the sunrise!


6.  I liked this fabric!  My mom gave me a bag of random fabric she'd accumulated that was what she considered "me" fabric,  mostly stuff made out of weird fiber she wouldn't use.  I went through it yesterday and found this barbie pink satin cow fabric.  I love it!  I cannot imagine what I or anyone else would ever do with it, but my life is better for having satin pink cow fabric in it.


Wishing you all a great week!  Click over to Lee Anna's for more stuff to like!


8 comments:

  1. Funny to see Blue up on the sofa back. Glad you have your priorities straight! Your handmade items were a super addition to the Santa Ministry gifts, adding a personal touch that I'm sure is very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Oh, Blue is cracking me up. Sue's mom used to have two dogs that would lay across the top of the couch in the picture window. They kept an eye on everything happening in the hood, and would get down in anticipation of the mailing man coming. They would go to the front door to bark at him while he put mail in the mail slot. Whenever I see a dog sitting atop a couch like that, it makes me think of them. Your Christmas decorations look beautiful! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is so unique - if it were knit, I would've said make something fun, like leggings (if there was enough fabric) - but satin. Hmm. Maybe it's just pet fabric, just for you! At any rate, enjoy it! Your doggies are handsome fellas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love the red of your Christmas cactus flowers! Your dogs always look so mellow. The colors in that sunrise are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I showed Tony the photo of your pups enjoying your sofa. How kind you are to be making unique gifts for the elderly. I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, pretty and tree and stunning blooming Christmas cacti. My poor little one has given up the ghost after its display back in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gifts you are giving the elderly! I know they will be loved and appreciated! The pups look awesome, Blue cracks me up :D ! Your tree and cacti are lovely!!! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gifts you are making for the elderly are fabulous. Dogs, back of the couch, I think it is a given. The Barbie Pink Satin cow fabric made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an astoundingly lush cactus! Do you pinch it back to thicken it? (I know nothing of horticulture).

    I like individual, meaningful ornaments so much more than a "decorator" tree. And sitting and looking at it in the evening is the thing I enjoy, too.

    ReplyDelete