Thursday, November 16, 2017

I Like #42

Another week of I likes!

1. I spent most of this weekend deep cleaning/cleaning out my house; a sort of spring cleaning in fall, and while it wasn't a particularly fun activity, it was satisfying to see dirt and dust and a variety of junk removed.  I also did some long-deferred maintenance type things, patching drywall holes, and steam cleaning carpets.  In the process I was at lowe's about 50 different times and every time I walked through this pretty light fixture caught my eye, and I finally decided to treat myself.  I hung it Monday night and I think it looks really pretty in my dining room.  The one that was there was boring but not terrible, so I moved it to a different room, basically just shifting things around so nothing was wasted, sort of a light fixture musical chairs.  It makes me happy to see it there!








2.  I love my pups!  That should go without saying, but they don't always sit still long enough for pictures, so when I can snap one I like to share it.  They snuggle so well together on the dog bed (even though there are two), except on rare occasions when they like a rumpus.



3. I love fall!  This morning it was actually a bit light out when I took the dogs for a walk; in the past couple of weeks I've been up so early it's been still dark out.  This morning I was able to snap a few pictures of the trees in our neighborhood-  right now is peak color time in my neighborhood.  Almost all the trees have turned, but not so much that all the leaves have fallen off.  Some of the pictures are dreadfully out of focus, the dogs were not interested in stopping for photo-ops.






4. I love flowers.  My sunflowers are still blooming, but even more exciting, so are my Chrysanthemums.  They are such perfect fall colors!



Hope everyone is having a good week!  Thanks to LeeAnna for linking us up!

8 comments:

  1. So happy with your new light...someone called lighting jewelry for your house and this one really fits the bill.
    I don't know what we would do without our dogs...companions dear to us too.
    I couldn't get over how long the marigolds lasted and hope I remember that fact and buy lots more of them for next summer's garden! Happy Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon... almost a year of likes! Step by step we have found the positive in life, together. I so appreciate our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon,
    That light was definitely calling to you - bring me home and let me light up your life! I love your wall of pictures in your dining area. I love to look at people's pictures - a collection of what they feel is important enough to frame and hang up, and it is a glimpse into someone's heart and soul I think. It looks like a fun collection of memories. Aww, dogs - I love them and can't get enough of them. Too bad I can't have any myself but I still enough others! AND fall with it's glorious colors. It is so fabulous it seriously can take your breath away between the leaves and fall flowers. They are certainly celebration and note worthy! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your light. But I love your wall of photos. I used to have one. I think once life settles that will be my next project. Your mums are gorgeous, and the pics of the trees are too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that new light fixture! It's so fun! Your fall trees are beautiful there. We just finished up our fall yard clean-up and all the leaves have fallen around here. Lucky you to still have flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That light fixture is really cool. Fall is my favorite time of year - I love the trees.

    Ugh on the deep clean. It's been ages since I've had people over to the house, so it's been a while since I've given everything a good scrubbing. It's on my list of things to do. Soon. Yay for getting yours done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That light is awesome! Your puppies are so cute!!!!!!!!!! I was glad to see them today!
    We grow up doing both a fall and spring house cleaning. I'm in the middle of mine. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new light fixture is so cool! I like how it lives in your dining room. I'm also lovin the trees in your neighborhood. I love trees in general but those colors are awesome. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete