Thursday, May 9, 2019

I Like #115

Welcome to things to like this week.

1.  One upside to the constant rain is that everything is growing well outside (weeds included).  I'm thrilled though that my dahlias are almost all growing nicely.  Hooray!  The blackberries are also flourishing so I went ahead and put netting over them.  I've never done that before and I'm not sure how well I accomplished it, but it's better than nothing!



2. We had a fun potluck at work this week to celebrate some milestones here, and unfortunately while I was out of the room for just a second Blue took the opportunity to taste the cake.  Luckily (for his health and my sanity) I came back before he got anything more than a little icing.  I wiped off that part and re-frosted it, and then I made sure I ate the dog-tasted piece, but I was aggravated all the same.  Alas.  It only takes a second.  He's fine though and the cake was very tasty.





3.  We're having a baby shower for a friend from work next week so I took the opportunity this week to finish a baby quilt for her.  I think it turned out nicely.  You can see a little of my big art quilt in the background; unfortunately my design walls were all full so there was no clear place to take a picture of the baby quilt.





4. This weekend was citywide garage sale weekend so lots of people were having garage sales.  I don't usually go to them, mostly because I already have plenty of stuff, but while out running errands this chair caught my eye in someone's yard.  It's so fabulously 70s.  I'm not even one particularly interested in retro furniture, but it gave me a really strong pull to my Great Grandpa Cliff or my Grandma's house from when I was a really little. I couldn't resist stopping, and for only 5$ I had to snap it up.  It's in really good shape, and the velour upholstery isn't stained or damaged or anything.  It doesn't go with anything in my house, but I smile every time I look at it.  Also I think it's too small for Blue to sit in, so it should stay mud and dog hair free.



5.  Driving home from a visit to a friend on Monday this yard caught my eye.  The flamingo family watching over the gnomes made me smile.


I hope everyone has a great week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more things to like.


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby quilt! I liked that neighbor's yard also-and the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Shannon! We need to hear about the up side to all this rain. I am beginning to wonder if it ever might stop . . . if just for a day or two? And the sun – I know it’s up there somewhere. BLUE!! It’s just like having a 20-month-old around. Believe me, I know from firsthand experience with no harm done as well. Nice baby quilt – I love seeing all the pretty fabrics and quilting. SWEET chair for only $5!!!! I believe there might be a upholstery project in your future, although if the fabrics are in good shape no need. {{Hugs}} and Happy Mother’s Day to you. I’m glad Blue is just fine! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. all that and flamingos too! And protective ones!
    Blue boy... I feel you dude... I can't resist chocolate icing either, and it was RIGHT THERE! You look contrite. I learned the concentration of cocao is what matters, so milk chocolate shouldn't be too bad. My friend's Lab ate a whole small box of godiva once, for mothers day, and just a little distress, so Blue will recover but never forget how good it tasted!
    LeeAnna
    laughing that the dog ate your homework

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue knows a tasty cake when he sees one. Lol. Love the baby quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Rex got more than icing of one of my cakes once. But the chocolate didn't hurt him a bit.
    I love your garden is growing so well. Your quilting is marvelous...can you come to my house to do mine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Blue, you didn't! What a cute baby quilt. Wow, that is quite the chair. And those flamingos are far out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts were like Sally's exactly - Oh Blue! So glad things are growing for you, especially the blackberries. That's a really pretty baby quilt - it's going to be so loved! I love the gnomes in that yard - I keep looking for one for my garden, but can't find one I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks awesome. Oh Blue! Lucky for me Bobbin is short, but I made a coffee cake a couple of weeks ago that had a glaze. I couldn't figure out what Bobbin was doing by the cabinet where it was. The glaze had ran off the cake, and dripped onto the floor and into the drawer below. Um Bobbin was licking up the glaze, but she also had it stuck to her ears, her eyebrows, the top of her head. Love the flamingos and gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice cake--and Blue thought so too! :D Glad you got it before he got too much! I love the flamingoes with the gnomes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet the cake was good if Blue sneaked a taste! Love the baby quilt and the quilting as well! That chair looks familiar. I don't think I could have passed it up either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue looks so SORRY lying on the chair--"...oops..it wasn't for me?" My granddog, Kota thinks any food within her reach belongs (or should!) to her!! Love the flamingos and gnomes--what a cute set up...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete