Thursday, November 11, 2021

I Like #234

 This week has been a back-to-routine week, after some late October travel.  Mostly I've been desperately trying to catch up at work and in the evenings haven't had the energy to do anything except snuggle with the dogs.  But the dogs are such good snugglers, it makes everything feel better!

Cash and Brett came over last week, and Cash and Spooky rumpused for hours.


I've started sitting more on the armchair than the couch (since Spooky has unstuffed a bunch of the couch. However, that means both Spooky and Blue sit right on top of me.  






Bentley is good too, he's just hanging in there. 
I'm so pleased that after a dreadful summer in the garden and the loss of all my dahlias, the fall flowers are really nice.  All annuals, but so lovely.  I have zinnias and salvia and petunias and marigolds and begonias all just blooming away.  So nice.  I don't get to see them very often since it's dark when I get home and leave for work now, but today I'm working from home so its wonderful to look out the window at them!









There were two audiobooks I listened to this week and wanted to share.

One is Being Seen: One Deafblind Woman's Fight to End Ableism by Elsa Sjunneson  I learned so much from listening to to the author talk about her experiences in a society in which people with disabilities are still excluded from so much and ableism is so entrenched in our worldview.






And the other is The Light Ages, by Seb Falk.  I'm still in the middle of it but am really enjoying it.  It's about the history of science in the middle ages.  Super cool.


I recommend both of them!

I hope there are things to like in your weeks, and for more good things, click over to LeeAnna's!



4 comments:

  1. Puppers! What an awesome selfie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe your plants look lovely. We had our first hard frost so all of mine are dying back now. Great selfie with the pups....they should be able to keep you toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those snuggly puppies... a tired dog is a good dog, right? lol
    I love little blue's good heart and spooky is a good friend isn't he?
    you have a green thumb. We just watched a bbc show on some advances during the "dark ages" after rome decamped

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to have blooming flowers this late. That doesn’t happen this far north! My Thanksgiving cactus is blooming though! A lovely Russia color!

    ReplyDelete