Wednesday, September 23, 2026

New Confession-Finished

 Earlier this week I shared my new Confession quilt, unfortunately its edges were so ruffly I knew I couldn't leave them like that.  


A lot of the problem was the couched yarn edges which had pretty permanently stretched out the edges.  I cut off all the edges and decided I didn't want to struggle with getting the curves even or taking the chance of things stretching out again.  So I decided to make it octagonal and cut the edges down nice and straight.  I stitched grosgrain ribbon along the edges on the back side to prevent the edges from stretching.  I think that really helped,  it was a suggestion from my friend Diana Fox who uses twill tapeon the back of all her edges.  I think it's beneficial, especially for all these things I make with weird fabric.  I wound up putting a traditional binding on this one after stabilizing the edges and I think it came out ok.

Confession 2, c. 2026, Shannon Conley, 52x36









It hangs much nicer now and I'm so glad it's out of time out!





No comments:

Post a Comment