Monday, June 20, 2011

Thread Catcher

Back in February I saw this cute thread catcher (I think it's actually called a Weighted Pincushion Organizer) on the Quilt Show website.  The pattern is from Sew Mama Sew (a great site for anyone who hasn't found it yet http://www.sewmamasew.com/).  I thought I'd make a couple of them, the pink one is mine, and I gave the green and yellow one to my mom for Valentine's Day.  It's pretty cute- the top is (obviously) a pin cushion, and the thread catcher is removable so you can stand it up somewhere else if you need to.  It also has a couple of little pockets built in to store your favorite accessories- for me the go-to things are the blue seam ripper and my little thread snips.  It was a quick and fun project- a great way to show off some brightly colored prints (and also, my refrigerator apparently).




No comments:

Post a Comment