It's time to set goals for February for A Lovely Year of Finishes.
My goals for February are fairly straightforward: I want to finish the two art quilts I'm working on. The first is my entry for the SAQA text message show and it's almost finished except for all of those annoying-time-consuming-non-creative-but-important steps. I haven't been blogging about it, but it's finished except for binding, blocking square, sewing on the label and sewing on the pocket. It's a bit crunched so I think it will take a fair amount of blocking.
My second quilt to finish is the Japanese tree quilt, otherwise known as the brown blob of doom. We'll see how it goes- I expect I'll like it more once it's done (if only because done projects no longer require you to sew on their bindings).
And, because a post without a picture is no post at all, here's a little embroidery I just did. The pattern is from the lovely Carina, she has a bunch of very pretty different ones, you should totally check them out. I wanted to use springy/valentine's day colors, so I went with pinks/reds/browns/greens. I didn't want to do it on a plain white or linen background, so I chose this green gingko print. I thought the pattern was subtle enough not to distract from the embroidery, but alas no. I think the next time I stitch it up I'll use a solid background- maybe summertime colors on light blue.
Anyway, it's a fun addition to my spring decor! Hope you all have a great weekend!