Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday and Plans for the New Year

I'm so very very late doing this, but I still want to share some of my plans and goals for 2013, as much to give myself a record as anything else.

First, a few thoughts on 2012.  It was a pretty good year for me, although by the end of the year I always feel ready to start something new.  The last couple of months (really since I finished Seymour) were filled with fun crafty sewing, but not with anything that I felt challenged my creative juices.  I just got Seymour back from the gallery show in Albuquerque and it was wonderful to have him back in my possession.  I feel really proud of that piece and like the feelings I got from working on it.  Doing more work like that is one of my goals for 2013.  In the last week or so I have finished up some of the things that were part of my 2012 (more posts about those in the coming weeks) so that while I still have UFOs, I feel like I have time and brain space for more creative design work going forward.

Major Goals for 2013

1.  I'm setting a goal for myself of creating four new art quilts this year.  Maybe I can finish more, maybe fewer, but that's my goal.

2.  It was really wonderful to finish Rejoice, Rejoice, not just because I love it, but because it was a UFO for so long!  Therefore, my second goal is to finish the last major UFO I have languishing in my sewing room: the dog portraits.  It's actually the only thing left on my my very first UFO list on this blog.

Current Projects in Progress/Planned

To add a bit of detail, here are the projects I have currently going or planned on which I want to make progress/finish this year:

In progress
Dog Portraits
Text Messages
Japanese Tree Sister Quilt
Crochet Sampler Afghan
Ahhhh EPP Star
Cyanotype Blocks Quilt

Planned
Gloria Loughman class quilt  (we're going to quilt camp at Asilomar again, YAY!)
Skirt from denim I bought a while back
Christmas centerpiece with vintage linen (I wanted to do that for this past Christmas but it didn't happen)

I know there are more I already have planned an in my UFO bin, and more that will get slotted in as time is available, but here's where I'm starting.

I've also decided to participate in A Lovely Year of Finishes hosted by Fiber of All Sorts and Bitter Sweet Designs

My goal for the month of January is to finish the top of the Japanese Tree Sister Quilt.  Hopefully I'll have time to do a full post on it soon, but here's a quick picture of where I am so far (since joining a linky with a picture free post is terribly boring).




Wishing you all a productive 2013!



1 comment: