1. I like crocheted dishcloths. I've pretty much stopped using store bought dishcloths entirely. I love the scrubbiness and thickness and general feel of crocheted dishcloths. I've made a bunch in different patterns, basically all just different crochet blocks, but most of the ones I had were getting holey and long in the tooth. They hold up really well, but after several years, it was time for a refresh. So last week I whipped up two new ones using what has turned out to be my favorite pattern for dishcloths. Very scrubby. And bonus, I got to use up a bunch of scrap ends from previous projects. If you've never used crocheted or knitted dishcloths I urge you to consider it (just make sure to use 100% cotton yarn, not acrylic or something).
2. I love my plant window. A few weeks ago when my dad was here, we repaired and refinished it, the wood was in terrible shape from years of water damage. As part of that I had to cut all the plants way back and clean the whole thing up, and now whenever I see it it makes me smile. Nothing's blooming just now, but all is growing nicely.
3. I like our bunny! He comes every morning, and at first I thought he did it just to taunt the dogs, but now even they ignore him. I don't know what he eats, maybe he likes the grass that grows thickly under the bird feeder (I think it's because the birdseed gets chronically spilled there).
3. I like potlucks! We routinely have departmental or church potlucks, but today we're having one just for the 7th floor. The floor I work on is sort of a catchall, with people from lots of different departments, so we don't all interact very much. To help combat that we decided to have a 7th floor potluck, so people could get to know each other. Always so much good food and fun. I'm super excited to see the food tables fill up!
4. I like our janitorial staff! They work nights so we don't usually see them unless we have to come in for weird time points, but I came in this morning and saw they had left us an extra trash receptacle! I'm sure they saw the signs for the potluck and knew we'd need something more than the small trashcans routinely there. I was grateful for their consideration! We'll leave them a plate of cookies and brownies so they can participate (if only virtually) in the potluck.
5. I like Pentecost. It's the final Sunday the choir sings before the summer break, but the fun part is that we do the second half of the service outside in our church's courtyard. It's a really fun blend of traditional and choral for the first half and then more like Eucharist at summer camp for the second half. We had great weather (not guaranteed) and it was a lovely note to end the choir season.
I hope you guys are finding things to like this week! Thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us going.