Things to like this week!
1. I like yarn! I started a new crochet project with my neon yarn. I haven't actually started it yet, but I just did my gauge swatch, so that feels like starting it. I'm making the Hotel of Bees shawl, you can find the pattern on ravelry, and that's the pattern picture below my yarn.
2. I like seeing other people's handmade items! The leader of our knitting/handwork group at church made this cute crocheted ring stacker toy for a new mom in the group. She'd told me about it but I never got to see it since I couldn't go to the baby shower, but the new mom brought it to show us last week. Each ring is a different crocheted animal, and the center is a crocheted palm tree. It's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. So fun!!!
3. The pups!! I had the new quilt taped to the floor for basting and of course they wanted to "help". My favorite boys. They don't understand that I could be down on the floor and not need them directly in my face at all times.
4. Flowers! I love red hot pokers and they won't really grow where I live but we always had them in the front yard at the house I grew up in. Almost 20 years ago my parents moved out of the house I grew up in, but my grandparents lived next door to that original house so I still drive past it every time I'm home to visit. Unfortunately, the person who bought it doesn't live there and has just let the property and land rot for the last decades. It's so sad to see, and no way to avoid it. But the red hot pokers had started growing wild in the unkempt lawn, and a couple summers back I got so mad I went over to the old house and dug a bunch of them up out of the yard. My dad wasn't pleased, but having already dug them up, I told my parents it would have been a waste of all my effort if they didn't plant them. And now they're flourishing at my folks new house. My mom sent me this picture yesterday and it makes me very happy!
5. Finished projects! I finally got a chance to blog about a new smocked quilt this week as part of Alida's blog hop, click over to see it and then go visit the other participants. It was a really fun group.
I hope you're all having a good week! Thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us motivated!