Thursday, September 27, 2018

I Like #85

Things to like this week! 

1.  I liked not going anywhere this weekend.  I mean, I went places, but not out of town. I love traveling and having guests but September/August was pretty packed and it was nice to be home without an overscheduled weekend.  I worked a bunch on my Bentley quilt and my dimensional entry for Quilt National (I'll share it after the results are out).  Unfortunately Blue chewed up a pincushion so we had to go to the vet for an emergency X-ray, but luckily he didn't swallow any pins.

2.  I liked this bright pink rose they gave me at the endodontist.  It was supposed to be a present to compensate for having to have a root canal I guess (which was misery), but on the upside, the endodontist was very fast and my appointment was at 7:30 so I didn't have to miss any work.  And the flower is very lovely and pink.



3.  I like switching to my fall purse.  I made this one a couple years ago (you can see it there behind the rose) and mostly use it in the fall.  It's a good size and I love the bugs on the black print.  It's one of my favorite fabric prints ever (Prairie Gothic by Jane Sassaman).

4.  I love my pups!  Last night Bentley rushed out into the studio before Blue and managed to snag the armchair.  Blue tried sitting on the pouf but was a little too big so finally curled up underneath my work table next to the batting roll and scrap bins.  He's so cute!  I guess that wasn't soft enough for Blue either though, so he ignored the fact that Bentley was in the armchair and just crawled up there on top of him.  Bentley held his own for a few minutes and then finally gave up and ceded the armchair to Blue.




5.  I love my Dahlia!  It's blooming quite a bit right now, and I've been cutting lots of flowers and bringing them in the house.  The plant itself is starting to look a bit droopy, maybe because of all the rain, but the flowers have been wonderful.


6.  I like my new haircut!  I haven't cut my hair since 2015, so it was quite long, but a few days back I decided I was just done with all the length, so I had it chopped off.  The selfie was just out of the salon, so it doesn't look quite as cute when I style it but it's so nice and refreshing.  I lost most of my pink color (which had grown down into the long part that I cut off), so I'll have to dye it again soon.  I kept the long ponytail, I can't donate it since it's been dyed, but I might incorporate it into a project someday or something.





7.   Elsewhere on the blog this week- I finished blogging about my latest large flower quilt, an abstracted bromeliad.  It's one hanging at the Capitol show in New Mexico, so click over to see more pictures and read more about the process of making it.


8.  I'm happy my auction quilt sold!  The annual SAQA auction is going on, and my little A quilt sold in their $100 section.  It's always nice to know someone liked something enough to buy it and I like SAQA so it's good to have contributed to their fundraiser.



I hope you're all having a good week!  Thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us positive!

5 comments:

  1. Note to self: Dahlias for the garden, none here and I would love them. How nice to get a rose from the dentist! And your fall bag is perfect; I bet you feel so much lighter with the new hair cut...I do and it's usually only an inch off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on the doggies face is priceless! I also have a different purse for each season, though mine are not homemade. It is sweet that your Dr gives you a flower after an especially painful procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still laughing at the pups. Blue was cute under the table, but the progression, and Bentley's face! priceless! And they want to be with Mama. I put a dog bed down in the (soon to be studio) and Milo very carefully avoids it and places himself center room. LOVE your new haircut! So flattering on your face and with those cool glasses. I even like the hint of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo of them both in the chair. lol. I like the new haircut. I've lopped off mine before - it feels so different, doesn't it? I remember when you made the "A" - loved it. I know whomever won it is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bromeliad is just amazing, Shannon! Wish I could see it in real life. I love the look on Bentley's face when Blue was on top of him in the chair! Your rose is really pretty, even though the reason for it was no fun at all. :)

    ReplyDelete