Thursday, November 1, 2018

I Like #90

Welcome to another week of I Likes!

This week I was privileged to get to spend quite a bit of time working on my sewing and crafting projects, so yay!!

1.  I made some progress on some of the details for my illuminated quilt, here are a couple sets of trees I've been working on.  A pinon tree and some aspens!


 2. I made some more progress on my socks!  I have about two inches of cuff now!  I'm loving the yellow with the speckle, and I'm really getting more of the hang of purling.  I'm glad I picked a pattern that required purling since I know I'll need it on my next project.



3. My dorky snuggle-muffin didn't break anything this week (win!!)


4.  I watched the whole extended edition Lord of the Rings Trilogy, which is about 12 hours long.  I had it on while sewing and knitting and quilting this weekend.  I loved the books as a kid and really enjoy the movies.  I hadn't watched them in a long time.  Aragorn makes me swoon.  The quintessential fantasy hero.

I hope everyone has a good week and thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us going!

11 comments:

  1. Your quilt is going to be AWESOME! Very excited to see how this turns out! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are wonderful but those socks are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are just amazing! Looking forward to seeing how this goes together. We have always loved the Lord of the Rings books and movies - in fact, when i met my husband in the early 70s, he told me when he got a dog it would be named Strider, and that is exactly what we did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my stars! Those trees are gorge! And the blue snuggly one... so sweet picture

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you sound so cosy there with the pup, your knitting and Lord of the Rings in the background. A perfect picture of contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon! Awwwww, that snuggle muffin is SO cute. I have never read or watch the Lord of the Rings, I'm sorry to say. But I am thrilled that you got to rewatch the trilogy and enjoyed it so much. That is fabulous! And your two trees are just fabulous! As are your socks - you'll be wearing them in no time at all. Very fun colors! Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet dog! Love watching The Lord of The Rings movies. Haven't done that in a while. Hope you're having a very happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trees are absolutely stunning...amazing! I listen to books on tape while sewing. I have never seen the all the rings movies...maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those trees are terrific! Love that photo of Blue. Ahhh....Aragorn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aragorn - I so agree. Love your trees. Is that netting behind the piƱon? Clever.

    ReplyDelete