Thursday, November 8, 2018

I Like #91

Well I know this is a things to like post, but it's been a bit of a stressful week.  Blue broke out two more times and now the dogs have to stay inside the house until I can get a new fence.  That means lots of people out for bids, lots of new expense, lots of stress for the dogs etc.  Alas. 

Anyway,  some good things too this week:

1.  I made another tree for my quilt, this one an apple tree in early fall.  It was fun!  I also knitted some more, but the socks are just getting slightly longer so they don't look any different.



2.  I don't care for the time change since it means it's dark before I leave work which makes my brain think it's bed time.  However one of the few benefits is that for a little while at least, it's light during our morning walks.  There was a beautiful sunrise earlier this week and I managed to get a quick picture before Blue dragged me off to pee on something.


3. I haven't had any birds this year, and before winter I need to clean out the bird feeder again, just in case they decide to come back, but I was outside the other day and noticed that the remnant birdseed had sprouted, making it look like a sad little impromptu terrarium.  It made me laugh!



 4.  My beautiful Sam bush has dropped all its red leaves and now has the really pretty red berries (presumably poisonous).  They feel very festive to me!


5. Nothing in our work jungle is blooming, but it makes me smile every time I walk out to get on the elevator.  This is just a small section of it....





I hope you guys are having a good week.  Link up with LeeAnna!

9 comments:

  1. oh no... Blue has separation anxiety... poor thing. CBD oil is supposed to be calming, and vets can order it. What a hassle. I hate trying to find someone good to do home improvements. I like that jungle, you planted the idea and look how much comfort and oxygen has grown from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apple tree is going to look so great with the aspen. My indoor garden is surviving. I'm trying to see how much I took from the outside in for the winter will survive till spring. What great light in that section of your work place hall way...perfect for those plants and a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all that green of the jungle. Your sprouting feeder made me chuckle. LOVE your apple tree. You make some amazing things. Blue! Behave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to find something to laugh about when life has been stressful! The apple tree you're making is just amazing! I like the way you're carefully placing the leaves and apples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that the stressful week is nearly over and you can have some calm for a while. I love your tree creations. Thanks for the comment on two new (to me) artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo of the dawn! I love the new quilt block! It will be perfect with the other! Hope you can get the fence done soon! I know how stressful that is! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to go back and look at your trees. Amazing! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your tree and photo of the sunrise. The birds should be migrating through...bet you see some soon. Hope you get your fence fixed soon and next week is a bit less stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon - thanks for your recent visit to my blog - I can relate to your seeds sprouting in your bird feeder - I am having the same experience. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete