Thursday, February 14, 2019

I Like #102

Welcome to another week of things to like! 

1.  Happy Valentine's day to everyone!  I'm not much of a valentine's day person, but I love making cards for my family.  This year they featured googly eyes and a variety of happy monster people.




2.  Blue and I were out practicing in the backyard when the weekly tornado siren test started.  Blue's usually not much of a barker but he and Bentley both like to yowl at the tornado siren.  And then I snapped a picture of them on the sofa later in the day, so symmetrical!  My friend Tristan said they looked like pillows!




3.  Saturday night my friend Liz hosted a party/fundraiser for an orphanage in Uganda, and we had a lot of fun.  We had a guest musician who had a gorgeous voice.  She played the ukelele and sang, both covers and original songs.  It was lovely.  Unfortunately, all I can remember was that her name was Juniper which is not really helpful.  Then another lady led a Beatles sing-along which was a blast.


4.  On Sunday I took flowers and communion to some people after church and one of the nursing homes I visited had pet birds.  I though this little guy was so cute and colorful!  I'm starting to get a few birds back at my feeders, but they don't sit still to have their pictures taken.


5. It's still grey and chilly here, but one of my houseplants has started making these tiny little yellow flowers!  I'm not sure what it is, but it came from my mom and any patch of  living color makes me happy this time of year!





I hope everyone has a good week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

9 comments:

  1. Your dogs do look like pillows in that photo! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine is doing that and I got it at IKEA last year, a Kholanchoe I think. Hardy, needs to be around here. The bird is awesome and I expect to see you make a quilt of it soon. In fact I thought it was painted on fabric at first! Those pups are hilarious in that pose. They are doing what Cole taught me to do to warm up, cover your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you...any color beyond Wintery gray is most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your card with the googly eyes - so fun and creative! I think your dogs know how to keep their noses warm, lol! When my MIL needed to be in the nursing home for awhile last year, the one thing we liked was their huge cage full of birds to watch. They were interesting and so peaceful and relaxing to watch. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon! Look at that little yellow flower!! How thrilling is that?!! I love that picture of Blue howling at the siren. Goofball. And they sure do look like pillows or bookends at each end of the couch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that little flower is saying have hope, spring is coming. Not close for us but who knows...a forecast of rain on Sunday will bring down some of this snow. Cute photo of your book ends there. I love the idea of birds in a home like that. I certainly would love it. Btw, I think LeeAnna named your plant correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I read your posts, I think I should run out and buy some plants! Cute little bird. You know spring is coming soon when those sirens start going off on the first Wednesdays. Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What goofy cards! lol. They're great. Live music is such a nice thing. Pretty finch. Your dogs look so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great likes. Your cards are cute. The plant is pretty. I love the pops of color during the winter too. Your pillows are so much larger than mine.

    ReplyDelete