Thursday, April 18, 2019

I Like #112

Welcome back to another week of I likes!

1.  I like that my mother of thousands plant is starting to make leaf babies again.  It has grown very large but for a long time the leaves were just normal.  I was so excited to see some new babies on the leave edge when I looked at it the other day.


2. The monsters! I love them!  So much!  They are such good snugglers...



3. I loved this display of all different kinds of flamingo decor.  I saw it and it made me think of our fearless leader LeeAnna!


4.  I drive past this field of cows and calves napping in the spring sun the other day and it made me smile.


5.  So did these bins of baby chicks!  While at Tractor Supply getting some birdseed I saw them.  They were so cute and momentarily made me want to start raising chickens until I remembered that Blue and Bentley would not agree and I don't need any more mess. 


6.  I made two new flower beds this week.  I dug them out and planted dahlias and covered them with mulch.  I don't know whether anything will grow, but they look nice right now!



7.  I started a new illuminated quilt this week too.  It's going to feature a sung version of the Lord's prayer with music written by my good friend Linda. 


I hope you guys are having a good week and that spring might be in sight!  I keep seeing reports of late snowstorms!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more positive things!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! What fabulous likes for this week with one being better than the next. I love your pups - that one eyed look was saying really - leave me alone, I'm sleeping. I love, too, that your plant is sending out new shoots. It really is Spring! And your new flower beds look nice and cleaned up and neat. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- Great fun post. Lee Anna will go crazy over the flamingos. "Mother of thousands" plant? Never heard of that before. Can't wait to see your flower garden come to life. And, of course, to see your new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful springy post! What could be more like spring than chicks and new flower beds and cows out in the pasture. Yes even big dogs look cute curled up sleeping, even our Rex. And that new quilt looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I am looking forward to your quilt project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss the companionship that dogs give us, so always enjoy seeing yours, Shannon! I bet your new flower garden will give you great results - it will be fun to see your dahlias grow. The new quilt project looks complicated and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your beds look gorgeous and I am looking forward to your Dahlias, I used to grow some awesome ones. I love my little dog, she doesn't take up quite as much room as yours do though. I agree cows and calves make me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look ready for lots of summer flowers! How fun that you get to have baby plants. And those dogs do look super snuggly. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday and great Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why you disturbing my nap, mama?

    Look at all those flamingos. Excellent! Oh, I can't wait to see your next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! dogs, flamingos and cows! win win win! All that and the hope of dahlias??? awesome list Shannon! (blue has a soft face... baby boy)

    ReplyDelete