Thursday, June 13, 2019

I Like #118

Welcome to another week of things to like!

1.  I like my blackberries!  I put netting over them this year (in a fairly haphazard manner), and I think it's going to work.  I have only two bushes but they have a nice amount of fruit on them.  I don't think it's enough to make jam or cobbler but definitely enough to eat and enjoy.  I went to a church party last night where we spent lots of time talking about how everyone nets their blackberries so I have some good ideas for next year!  Mine are mostly not ripe yet, but I picked (and ate!) the very first ripe one yesterday.

2. I like my flowers!  I planted marigolds and zinnias from seed this year and it's been so fun to watch them grow.  I assume there will be more blossoms as we go, but these are the first!  The marigolds are growing in old laundry detergent buckets, but hey- that's what I had!

3.  I like Magee!  Magee is an old (fairly sick) kitty I housesat for over the weekend.  He's not much for snuggles but he has a good strong loud meow, and likes to be scritched on the head and chin.  His people were worried about him eating, but he scarfed down tuna like mad.  My pups are fine; having lots of fun, but I just forgot to take any pictures of them this week.

4. I finally got to blog about the banner I finished for my sister;  I think it turned out lovely.  It feels very in keeping with my other illuminated mansucrtipt style pieces.  Check out the posts here and here.

5.  I did a lot of enjoyable knitting while housesitting and flying on my trip, so soon I hope to be able to share some of my recent knitting projects as soon as I get them blocked!  I've really been enjoying knitting lately.

I hope everyone has a good week!  Click over to LeeAnnas for more things to like!









9 comments:

  1. Oh I like your projects, that illuminated one! Wowowowowow! The zinnias and marigold look fantastic. We are enjoying blackberries from our local farmers' market. They are my husband's favorite fruit and I always pick up some when he is home. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. That blackberry looks so plump! Yum! LOVE your work - that banner is spectacular! (that back is really cool, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! Glad to hear the netting, even if it was haphazard, worked well for you. That one lonely blackberry looks delicious. I know there is more to follow and soon. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. that banner! LOVE blackberries, and to have your own bush is cool. I enjoy orange cats so much... happy week my friend
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh blackberries right out of your own garden - yummy! Your flowers are really growing, too! I love it when everything starts to bloom. Looking forward to seeing your new knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely likes...I too have some seeds set and we'll see how they do. I keep forgetting about zinnias but I love them. It is enjoyable to see what grows. Your banner is gorgeous with beautiful quilting; I'm sure well appreciated. How nice that you take care of that kittie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great likes. I planted zinnias seeds....we will see how they go. I bought marigolds at the nursery, but chickenzillas stomped them into the ground. Love your banner, and I had to go catch up on what has been going on. Blackberries...yum one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow- home grown berries- mmmm. Your garden is lovely. That banner is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blackberries and flowers are doing so well! I'm awful with plants! Magee seems quite content! Good thing you got her to eat! Your banner looks very professional! I'm going to start knitting something soon. It's been awhile!

    ReplyDelete