Thursday, May 14, 2020

I like #164

Welcome to another week of things to like.  Our labs opened back up this week, so I've been working in my office/lab a little more which has been nice.  Still working from home as much as possible, but it's good to be back at work some.  Luckily our lab is big and isolated and there aren't very many of us who work there so we can stay separate.  I made masks for all the girls who work for me so that was fun.

The best thing to like this week is my mom!  Happy mother's day mom!  She's really the best.  Of course we weren't together, but I dug through and found some old pictures of her with us to send for mother's day.

I love this one-  she made the matching dresses and blouses for us, and that blue car in the background was super exciting,  it was my mom's first new car back in the early 80s, and my first car period (no longer new) in the mid 90s.  It's part of why I wanted my new subaru to be blue.


And I love this one too!  More of my mom's sewing at hand-  she made the prairie dresses for us for a school play, I'm not sure what it was, but we dressed up as Laura Ingalls Wilder with the same dresses for Halloween that year (I think that's what this picture is from).  Love you mom!!!



I didn't take very many pictures this week, but the dogs are good, and my flowers are good.  I did dig the petunias out of the dahlia pots and put them in a different place so that was good.  I started a new project based on a polar dendrogram, and it's been the perfect thing to use some of my hand painted fabrics and precious scraps.


I also blogged about a couple more backlogged projects,  I'm nearing the end of those, so hopefully soon I'll be to current projects!  The crocheted wrap is something I finished over Christmas, but the flame quilt is quite recent; I finished it at the end of March, so there's hope of catching up.





I hope everyone is staying safe!  Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!


8 comments:

  1. Those photos bring back good memories of my mother making matching outfits for me and my sister. :-) You gals are cute! The polar dendrogram looks wild - and those fabrics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of your mom and you girls, especially seeing the dresses she sewed for you! My mom sewed all of our clothes, including my wedding dress and a suit for my husband. That's quite a skill and a legacy! Glad things are pretty safe at your work, but that you aldo have the choice to continue working from home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- nice wrap! I liked those photos with your mom. I’m glad things are safe at your work. I’m also glad you can work from home. Your art piece looks so cool-can’t wait to see it when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wrap! Your quilts look amazing as always! I really appreciated the old photos of you and your Mom and sister! Your mom was quite the seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see your photos with your mom. I have to go look up polar dendrogram; not sure I know what that is. I like that wrap too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon, a great post. I have wonderful memories of sewing my girls costumes. There was the year that Beth wanted to be a court jester; I had to make it up and added a bunch of bells that she loved...not sure her teachers did!
    I had to look up polar dendrograms and thought the images beautiful. You are quite the scientific stitcher, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics of your mom. The dress she is wearing reminds me of dresses that were popular in the late 70's early 80's called Gunne Sac by Jessica McClintock they were very popular. Your mom was very good seamstress. Polar dendrogram, looks interesting. I always love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures of you and your mom are just so cute!Your quilts are always so fun and interesting! Love the wrap!

    ReplyDelete