Monday, December 21, 2020

Chi Rho Banner for Tamra

 My friend Tamra is an Episcopal Priest, and she just got married this fall.  Her wife is also an Episcopal Priest and I made them this banner/wall quilt as a wedding present.  They live in Boston, and one small lucky break was that because of the pandemic, they had the wedding accessible via zoom.  It was so wonderful to get to worship and celebrate with them, even from afar.  You could feel the joy and faith radiating from them and the small community there in person even through the computer.


The quilt is small, about 18 x 24, but I used all my fun shiny fabrics, polyester and silk, so it's nice and shimmery. The Chi Rho is openwork, so light shines through from behind with just the threadwork over the opening.




All my prayers and blessings and encircling love for Tamra and Sara and their future were stitched into this piece.  


1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful finish. I like the openwork in the letters.

    ReplyDelete