Thursday, January 21, 2021

I Like #197

 What a wonderful day yesterday was! My lab members and I crowded around our laptops at work watching the inauguration, the whole thing was wonderful and very moving.  I tend to be susceptible to ceremony in general (weddings, funerals, etc), but I thought it was great.  Constant reminders that we are still in the worst of a pandemic but with hope!  And personally it made me so happy to see VP Kamala Harris sworn in by Justice Sotomayor.  A shining example for all of us and all our kids that women can be in the highest echelons of government.  

I didn't take many pictures this week, mostly just the puppy.  I snuggle with all three of them on the couch almost every night, but my arm isn't long enough to get the four of us into a single selfie.



He unballed a WHOLE ball of yarn in the backyard, through the doggie door, around the chair.  It was attached to my knitting, but luckily didn't hurt the kniting.




I cast on a new pair of socks this week.  I haven't knit socks in a while so it's fun to have these going!


I blogged about several other knitting projects this week, you can see them here and here.




And, although the inauguration is an important and sober and joyful event,  I couldn't help laughing when my student sent me this meme last night.  Definitely resonated....



Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like this week!

7 comments:

  1. It was a good day yesterday! I feel hopeful and relieved! Your puppy is do cute and I love that all three love to snuggle with you at the same time. The photo and memes of Bernie and his mittens and have just been hilarious! Every time I see a new one, it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen lots of Bernie on Facebook too! But didn’t Michelle look fabulous? Seems your puppies are a playful bunch, and you are very forgiving! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good week in America! Love the photos of your pups and laughed at the knitting dog--thanks goodness your knitting was okay :) LOVE your shawl! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought only cats unwound balls of yarn. lol. What a great photo of the pups on the couch. Yeah... may not be fashionable, but it looks comfortable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is so pretty! Bernie’s mittens have gone viral. All he wanted to do was stay warm. I loved the inauguration and the celebration at night. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. only puppies have rubber bones so they can fall asleep like that. Unfurling a ball of yarn... sorry mama... Bernie cracked me up! I was surprised few people wore hats since it was snowing and cold. Weren't the mall of waving flags beautiful??? I hope this harkens a return to law and order and truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh all the meme with Bernie and his mittens. LOL you need a selfie stick to get a pick of all of you.

    ReplyDelete