Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Summit Shawl

 Well I guess it's the time for knitting updates!  I did a lot of knitting this past year, and this was the last project for me off the needles in 2020.  Of course I didn't get around to blocking it until last week, so here we are.  

The pattern is the Summit Shawl by Mandie Harrington, and she has kindly made the pattern available for free on Ravelry.  I was drawn to the modern geometric shapes and to the really cool dropped stitch patterns.  It's worked in short rows and was a really good knit for zoom meetings.   The only challenge with a short row pattern is that a couple of times I couldn't remember which way the overall row was going and started off in the wrong direction!

The yarn is a silk linen blend (thanks Georgia!) and I still have some left so it'll probably re-appear in something else in the future.  It was good to work with and has a nice sort of rough-hewn vibe I like.



I always wind up setting up the camera on a tripod with a timer to take these pictures so it always feels weird, but I like to have pictures of how things look worn, and that's something I'm always looking for on ravelry, especially with regards to sweater patterns and stuff where I like seeing it on someone with my same shape.  Of course usually the pups join the photoshoot, and this time it was Spooky.





I like the way this turned out-  I might have been better off going a little longer so there was more to wrap around, but it felt pretty large already and I was ready to move onto something else.  The yarn is very comfortable, a good weight for not-too-cold times.

1 comment: