Thursday, September 15, 2022

I Like #270

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


I love my flower garden.  It's not looking very pretty as a garden, but the weather has cooled just a tiny bit and some of the flowers are really starting to blossom nicely.




These orange/yellow/pink ones in particular are lovely.  I didn't really have any of them earlier in the season and there's a lot of variety in color even on the same plant!



I've still been struggling with the dogs this week, but they're doing ok and still as snuggly as ever.  Been going on more walks now that the temperatures are nicer.







I finished quilting my big quilt this weekend.  It's eleven feet long, and now I have to square it up and finish the edging so that I can get to the sculpting part.



Lee Anna's prompt for this week was to share other arts and crafts that we do!  I'm a sewer and quilter but I love all kinds of things, especially other fiber arts.  I especially love to knit, crochet, and do embroidery.  Someday I might take up spinning and weaving, but not any time soon! I also love to sing.  I'm not very good at it, but I love it and with practice (in my church choir), I've become a competent choral singer.  It gives me a lot of joy.


I hope you guys are finding some joy and creativity this week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!



4 comments:

  1. It's hard to beat Dahlias for drama. Yours are gorgeous!
    Eleven feet long! Now that's impressive. What kind of machine did you use to do all that beautiful quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved weaving too. And singing. Your blooms are so brilliant! What's up with the arm ouchie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! Your flowers are just gorgeous!! Those colors are so vibrant and only achieved in nature. Doesn't it make you feel like capturing them somehow to enjoy in the colder weather. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dogs sure do like to ham it up, don't they? Haha! That is quite an impressive quilt. Love the topographical-looking quilting. Enjoy those walks while you can!

    ReplyDelete