Thursday, May 25, 2023

I Like #301

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


This week I really enjoyed getting to go to a concert by the Windsong Chamber Choir.  It was gorgeous and ethereal.  Such beautiful blending music.  Really amazing.  I went because a friend of mine has a daughter who was accompanying one piece on her cello but now I want to try to go to more of their concerts.  So so moving.

The pups are good,  lots of snuggles and some walks! 



My garden is growing so that's good, I spent most of saturday doing yard work which was exciting as now the yard is nice and tidy.  One of the undergraduate students in my lab is leaving to go to graduate school and she brought me this lovely orchid as a present!  I've never grown orchids before, so hopefully I can keep it alive.


I also like getting to work in my studio.  I'm working on a new piece using some plastics out of my recycling, so I've been cutting and cleaning little bits.  I also kept getting annoyed by things stuck inside my National Park Passport book so I made a quick little cover for it out of some scrap leather I'd picked up somewhere (it was a grab bag of small scraps I picked up a few years ago and I thought I'd incorporate some into my quilts but hadn't yet done anything with it).






Hope you're all having a good week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!



3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that new passport keeper is so pretty!
    L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the boys on the bed. That is some seriously shiny case! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m curious about your recycling project! I’m no good at orchids, but my sister was! Good luck with yours, it’s a gorgeous color! That shiny leather really reflects! Cool!

    ReplyDelete