Thursday, July 13, 2023

I Like #308

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  This weekend it was fairly pleasant temperature wise and I spent half of Saturday helping clean up the grounds at our church.  But since then the temps and humidity have both gone way up and at this point outside is turning into a place to avoid.  


I spent some time this weekend quilting up a couple of baby quilts,  this first one is one I pieced over the holidays using some orphan blocks from my mom and the second one used a panel (and matching back) I found in some boxes that my sister's mother-in-law destashed to me (thanks Mary!).  They both turned out super soft and snuggly.




Brett's birthday was this week so we went out for sushi last night.  I took him some garden flowers and mad a tiramisu cake.  I'd never made tiramisu before and this is sort of a twist on it because I couldn't find lady fingers anywhere but it turned out very tasty.



My friend Betty Busby is here from Albuquerque this week because she's having a show at Artspace Untitled here in OKC.  It's a wonderful venue with a fabulous gallery space as well as lots of workshop area.  I got to go over and hang out/help a little while they were installing and then the owner Laura kindly hosted a dinner for the local fiber arts community.  The reception is tonight, next week I'll share some pictures from that.



The pups are good.  I loved this picture- it looks like they're planning something secret. 



I hope you're not too hot wherever you are! Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

2 comments:

  1. Cute quilts! Looks like you're getting beautiful flowers from your garden, too. Yum on the cake - tiramisu in cake form sounds delicious. Love that picture of the dogs peeking around the couch, too!

    ReplyDelete