Thursday, July 20, 2023

I Like #309

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


I definitely like seeing good friends!  My friends Betty Busby and Gale Oppenheimer were here last week, Betty has a solo show at a local gallery and it was super fun to hang out with them at the opening last Thursday.  The whole show looks great, I may try to do a post of it.


The rain has stopped and now it's very very hot and dry, but that did mean I could get out into the garden last weekend.  I cleaned up the garden and picked all the crabapples (they were very ripe) but that took all my available yardwork time so this weekend I absolutely must mow, the yard is a complete jungle.

I picked a bunch of tomatos, they're very tasty.  There were a bunch that were really a bit over-ripe already so I cooked them into tomato sauce which I then promptly forgot about when I went outside to pick crabapples.  It burned up completely, with a giant thick layer of hard crunchy sludge on the bottom of the pot and the whole house smelled terrible.  Alas.


I did pick 5 boxes of crabapples off my tree, lots of them are wormy, but I'll cut the worms out. I'm hoping to start processing them this weekend, so we'll see.


The tree is definitely much happier now though!

The flowers are still growing too, but I'm seeing more of the buds that are burned up and brown before they can open, it's just that time of the year I think.




I saw this beautiful but battered butterfly in the garden the other day, I wonder what happened to him!

I also liked getting to spend some time quilting this week, the pups definitely helped and I got another baby quilt finished for a baby shower this week.





And finally, no week is complete without the pups. They especially love "helping" with the clean laundry and the quilting






I hope everyone is hanging in there.  Click over to LeeAnna's to see more folks sharing good things.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tomatoes - sorry they came to such a terrible end. That's a lot of crabapples! Lovely flowers. I LOVE how you quilted that baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous. That poor butterfly. I don't think I have ever seen one so battered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun getting together with friends, especially for such a grand occasion! Your flowers are pretty, glad you get to enjoy some in spite of the heat. The poor little butterfly looks like he's been through the mill. Wonder if he almost got hit by a car? His wings really are battered. Hope you had a good weekend and that lawn mowed.

    ReplyDelete