Monday, January 15, 2024

2023 Christmas Crafts

 I didn't do as much crafting as I sometimes do for Christmas, but I did have make a few things.  I always really enjoy making small things for my friends and family. 

This year for the Christmas tree ornaments I made, I used all these old wooden spools I've been saving, many of them came from my sister's mother-in-law Mary Alyce (thanks Mary!) It was super fun to pick trims and beads from my stash to accent them.








And, I just have to share this absolutely delightful Christmas ornament my friend Helena sent me all the way from Canada!  She's a knitting and quilting friend, and I love the neon yarn and adorable hanger.




I also finally got around to making a couple of these little origami multi-pocket pouches.  One was for my mom and one for my friend Kristin.  It was pretty hilarious, after my mom opened hers she laughed and told me she'd made a couple of that same pattern for her friends for Christmas.





I also knitted a few washcloths/dishcloths to give as gifts.  They're wonderful to use but wear out, so I figure having a new one now and again isn't a bad thing.  I think I wound up knitting four?  But evidently I only took pictures of one of them.


This was a pre-Christmas (Advent) present for Brett,  I made two little advent calendar drawers for each date.  One had a candy for Brett and one had a tasty dog treat for Cash.


Finally, I had a lot of fun making the clothes for these nativity people.  The wooden people are from our church's Godly Play set, and our priest wanted to use them at the children's service on Christmas Eve.  I think I shared these in an I like post, but I wanted to have them here too.







Then in addition to the one set of nativity people, she wanted to have little swaddled baby Jesuses to hand out to all the children at the service, so at the last knitting night of the year, we glued/tied swaddles on fifty little peg people!


Our friend Shirley didn't want to be in the picture,  we didn't obscure her by accident!



I think that's a wrap on 2023 Christmas Crafts.  Pretty soon I'll start pinning ornament ideas for 2024




2 comments:

  1. What fun! I love the ornaments. What a cool little advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete