Thursday, January 11, 2024

I Like #323

 Once again I've missed a few weeks of  I like Posts.  I know they come every week, but Thursday always seems to sneak up on me!  I'm happy to be back, typically the early part of the year tends to be a time I catch up on blogging while things tend to get a little lost toward the later part of the year.  

That may be especially true this year; my studio is currently buried under piles of stuff I have pulled out of my house due to the ongoing construction work.  Maybe that's a good thing for blogging- if I can't sew, maybe I'll get up-to-date on un-blogged projects.  Really my biggest limitation for blogging is that often, after spending so many hours on the computer at work, I don't want to spend more hours on the computer at home!  But here we are and I love our blogging community and the record in the blog so I persist.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season/year end. 

I'll just share some highlights of things I liked during the last couple of weeks.  

I loved getting to go with my mom and dad to an opening of a show Mom had several quilts in at the Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City!  That's Mom with one of her pieces.



I loved getting to go the OKC Zoo Safari Lights.  It was such a cool animal holiday display, I actually went twice, once with Brett and once with my parents.  I'd never seen anything like it.





I loved getting to go to NM for Christmas and help decorate my parents' church (the church I grew up in) for Christmas.  It was wonderful to be back in that community.


I took Blue and Spooky with me, and I was so happy Spooky got to have tons of fun rumpusing with my parents' dog Quark.


Loved getting to play so many games!  It was a fairly quiet holiday at my parents' house.  We missed my sister and her family, but even without them, Mom and I played tons of board games and Dad joined in for the ones he likes.


I loved getting to see my Aunts and Uncles and Grandma on Christmas day.  I snapped this picture of our mountain on the way home from Christmas dinner at my Aunt's.


Loved getting to hike in the mountains.  The weather was great the whole time I was there, no snow or rain, just cool and dry.  We had nice hiking and even though Blue and Quark don't get along, we worked with them until they got to the point they could go on a walk together calmly which was great.




Now I'm back in Oklahoma.  The work year has started with a bang, and my house is a giant mess with all the construction, but I'm hoping for a good 2024.

Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Your holiday looks fabulous. I can't say enough about how priceless that time is with your parents, aunts, uncles, and especially your grandmother. The pups are fab as always. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun light show! What a beautiful church window. And Carcassonne! Looks like a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is your group of pictures, all you did, games played, churches decorated, gallery shows, people... you're excused from blogging .... this time LOL
    I made a teensy sweater like that once, can't remember how now but there were 4 double pointed needles involved! I Adore the ornament you sent me, so clever, still on the tree actually,
    Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete