Thursday, September 12, 2024

2024 SAQA Benefit Auction

 The 2024 SAQA Benefit Auction starts tomorrow.  It's a super great opportunity to pick up really wonderful small art pieces while benefitting a great organization.  I encourage all of you to click over and borwse through the available artworks and find out more on how to bid.  The auction runs from September 13 to October 6 and you can find out more information here:  https://www.saqa.com/auction


These are just a few of the pieces available in the auction this year.


I actually started mine last year.  It uses a free-motion openwork technique where you quilt over open spaces that are temporarily filled  by water soluble stabilizer.  After finishing, you soak the piece in water, the stabilizer dissolves, and you're left with a lovely openwork effect.  I've used this many times over the years, including in my VLA quilt, my SAQA donation quilt in 2018, and Listen Louder than you Sing among others.






Q is for...., 12x12, c. Shannon Conley, 2024

This is my mom's donation for the auction this year,  it uses her handcarved fossil blocks.

















No comments:

Post a Comment