Wednesday, December 26, 2012

On The Second Day of Christmas.....Cathedral Window Trivets

Hoping you are all having a happy and joyful Christmas!  I thought I'd check in and share a few of this year's holiday projects I've been working on behind the scenes.  First up, these three Christmas trivets/potholders.  My friend Linda saw my cathedral window pincushions a while back and thought they were cool, but she's not a sewist, so I thought I would make her some trivets instead.  They're made the same way as the pincushions, just much larger (they finish about 9 inches square), and have insulbright batting inside rather than polyfil.  I used up a bunch of fun Christmas fabrics I had lying around, and made fabric covered buttons for the centers.  I think they'll look cute on her Christmas table or laid out as a runner on her bar.  I hope she likes them!



2 comments:

  1. Very cool! One of these days I'll try the cathedral window....Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I really love the plaids in the middle.

    ReplyDelete