Friday, July 5, 2013

The Dogs are finished!

I'm so pleased to share that just two years and two weeks after it appeared on my first UFO list, I've finished the dog portraits!  For those of you who haven't been following along since the beginning, these are thread painted portraits of three of my dogs, mounted portrait style (only the top edge sewn down a la Jean Wells) to a separate quilt background on which silhouettes of said dogs have been thread sketched.  To see more posts about this project, click on the Dog Portrait tag.

The label text reads:  

"The Dogs"  Bullett, Missy, and Pumpkin.  Now there are four and Pumpkin is gone but they are all always in our hearts.

At some point I'll have to do a project incorporating the new two (Bentley and Shooter), but for now these three are staring out at me, filled with personality.

The Dogs.  c. Shannon Conley, 2013, 29"x 49"

Bullett





Missy





Pumpkin





I'm linking up with Nina-Marie, Richard & Tanya, Quilt Story, and Leah Day!

17 comments:

  1. Shannon, these are amazing!!! I am constantly awed by your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are wonderful. I have been doing some dog portraits also. Everyone loves them. Dogs are special people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is incredibly amazing! Great way to keep your furry friends in your heart forever. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are something else. I can hardly believe the realism through thread. Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dogs! Truly wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are wonderful portraits. Their personalities just shine through, and I feel like I could reach out and pet them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the details you put into them! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What works of art! You are sew talented! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO amazing! I can't even imagine how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! So awesome. I am blown away. And what super cute doggies too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better not pet Missy on the head or you might lose a finger. Nice job honey, a lot of work went into these and you can tell by the results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are incredible. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I seen those beautiful faces before! Your thread work is amazing. You have a real talent for bringing out their likeness!

    ReplyDelete