Thursday, January 31, 2019

I Like #100

It's been a fairly quiet week here which is good.  Pretty chilly, but not nearly as cold as people are having in the northern part of the midwest so I feel pretty lucky!

It was another week where I didn't take many pictures, but there are plenty of things to like anyway.

1.  I love bag making.  You'd think I'd have enough bags by now (and who are we kidding, I probably do), but I wanted a medium size bag with a pocket but not too stiff and bulky for my current knitting project.  I pulled out this home-dec weight pink fabric with sailboats and lined it with some leftover pretty vinyl.  I wanted something from which my yarn would pull easily, and something with a large pocket so that all the miscellany (scissors, needles, etc.) wouldn't be stuck with the yarn.  It was a fun quick make.





2.  I love my pups!  They've mostly been snuggling with me on the sofa, though Blue and I are still practicing our obedience tasks.  He's a big dork.  Unfortunately Bentley had another one of his neurological episodes this morning which is always scare for him and me, but he was better by the time I left for work.  It's been several months since he had one though, so that's good.


3.  I love going to the symphony!  My friend Melody and I went this weekend, and it was lovely.  A really nice mix of old and newer music.  I especially enjoyed a very atmospheric Brian Eno piece and watching the orchestra members play Mozart's Jupiter Symphony.  For that piece, they had no chairs (except the cellists), and it was quite different to watch them all play the whole thing standing up.  Their movements were quite interesting.  The conductor didn't have any music  or music stand for that piece and a couple times I thought he was going to whack into the cellists.

Just a short list for this week, but I hope all is well and everyone is staying warm!  Click on over to LeeAnna's to see everyone else's lists!

7 comments:

  1. Happy 100 likey things! I love the idea of putting a slippery lining in a bag specifically for yarn. (Not being a yarnist, I wouldn't have thought of that.) Also my Mom went to that symphony performance as well and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your bag looks so professional...you have serious skills! Dogs are such wonderful companions...we are never alone. I listen to classical music most days, but it doesn’t compare to the electrical feel of live performance. So glad you are getting to enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bag, Shannon! I really enjoy making bags, too - you can never have too many! I haven't tried adding a zipper closure to mine - can you recommend a good tutorial? Cute photo of your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty bag! I like going to the symphony as well though I don't get a chance to hear them very often. My youngest son actually got to go with friends tonight and listen as they played music from the Star Wars soundtrack. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I love that photo of Blue. Love the bag - not sure if I'd tackle something that complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice privacy/foot placement on Blue... great photo. I Love bags... love love love. You did a great job with colors and zipper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see a performance like the one you described of the musicians. It makes me smile imagining it. Good wishes to your Blue.

    ReplyDelete