1. I like wrapping up Christmas! I got all the decorations down inside and boxed up, but I'll probably leave the outside lights up until the end of the month (I love them so much)! And I did one last easy Christmas craft; This clear Mickey Mouse ornament came with Mickey Mouse socks in it as a Christmas present, and I added a picture from this year's sledding and ribbon before packing it away with the rest of the christmas decorations.
2. Whole coconuts! I don't particularly like these, but a week or so ago I was desperately looking for whole brown coconuts. There were some Monty Python jokes in our 12th Night Feast skits that required the pages to come in on "horses" clopping coconuts a la Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I searched everywhere for coconuts or even pretend coconuts or coconut bikini tops anything to have something for them to use as props. I went to party stores, halloween costume stores, and grocery stores. Then I started calling grocery stores, walmarts, crests, organic grocery stores like sprouts and whole foods, trader joes, I even called the Vietnamese grocery store. No one had whole brown coconuts. The one place I didn't even think of calling? The Mexican grocery store. So of course when I went in there to get hominy last week (after the 12th night feast)- what did I see? Whole coconuts of course....
3. Pretty pink sunrises in the backyard!
4. The monsters being sweet and weird! Blue and I had our first obedience training class last night. It was fun and we have lots of homework to practice. The teacher is having a baby imminently, so I'm not sure when the next one will be, but we had a good first lesson.
5. Musicals! I haven't seen the new Mary Poppins yet but I hope to soon, my mom really enjoyed it. But I came across this fabulous video of Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda and James Corden doing 22 musicals in 12 minutes. It was super fun, definitely worth the watch if you like musicals! If the video didn't embed right you can see it here.
I hope there have been positive things for you this week! Check out everybody's posts over at LeeAnna's!