Thursday, July 25, 2019

I Like #124

It's been kind of an up and down week here-  Anna has been staying with me and going to daycamp at the Zoo which has been absolutely fantastic, but we've also had some deaths and serious illnesses in my close friend group and some stressful days at work.

In any case,  it's been less hot than usual (thank goodness) and so the summertime goodness keeps on coming.

1. The pups!  Bentley has decided he doesn't like being outside in the heat but he likes smelling outside. So he just uses his giant head to open the back door.  Unfortunately it can only be latched from the inside so if I'm out in my building I can't secure it.  We air conditioned the back yard for about three hours the other day before I realized what he was doing.


2.  Quilting!  What was I doing in the studio you might ask?  Well, I was actually quilting.  I made a fair amount of progress on my latest piece (hooray),  here's a quick snapshot. 

3.  Crabapples.  My tree was covered this year, and Anna helped me pick them all over the last couple of evenings.  She was great at getting all the low ones.  Even though the tree itself is small, I think we have enough for two big batches of jelly. 

You can see them here,  full filling the bottom crisper drawer and fully filling that large roasting pan.


4. Anna!  Anna is by far the very best thing to happen this week- here she is tying her shoes with Blue's help.  He loves to help- help with breakfast, help with shoes, help with hair braiding, help with sunscreen application.  One of us is going to trip over him and break a hip.  




5.  Houseplants outside in the summer.  I move a couple of my houseplants outside in the summer and they've been doing great.  This mother of thousands is taking over the world, and some of the giant new leaves are so big that the leaf edge babies have leaf edge babies.  Fractal plants!!  Hooray.



6.  Of course my flowers.  Thanks to the cooler than usual weather, they're still going along.  Dahlias and zinnias and even a few marigolds and petunias.








I hope you all are having a good week!  Thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us positive!

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bentley just cracks me up. He wants to smell, and therefore air condition, the backyard. I know it's a bit annoying but dang - how cute is that?!! Yowza, that is a lot of crabapples. I've never made nor recall tasting crabapple jelly. But they sure are a beautiful color! Aww, and you love every.single.moment with Blue under your feet and you know it! Almost as cool and fun as Anna's visit! I love that! Finally, I love how Anna and Blue were supervising the whole plant picture taking. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have Anna visiting for the week, and your description of Blue "helping" cracked me up! We had a dog at one time who could push open the back sliding door so he could go out in the yard - unfortunately, he couldn't close it. I love that you pick and use your crabapples rather than let them fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post but sorry you have had some family issues with deaths and sickness. I love all the crabapples you collected, Anna is adorable and your quilt looks amazing. Hope next week is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bentley so reminds me of Rex...indecisive in the doorway too. But we think it's his age.
    Your crabapples are much further along than ours so enjoy! How sweet to spend time with a little girl. Love that wonderful plant you've moved outside. I'd not thought of doing that but it makes sense. Hope things will calm down/brighten up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo many crabapples! Do you just cook them down and then strain them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I liked ALL your likes. Crabapples! We had a tree when I was a kid. Neat fractal plants. And I had to laugh at your description of cooling off the back yard. Ugh! I look forward to seeing more of that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fractal plant action is off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete