Thursday, August 1, 2019

I like #125

Things to like this week!

Over the weekend Becky came up and she and Anna and I had a girls weekend.  We had an absolutely fabulous time together.  On Saturday we went down to the boathouse district.  It was really cool-  I'd never been there before.  Anna was absolutely amazing.  She went with us on all the activities, including climbing with us to the top of the six story open structure ropes course.  It was super fun and I was so proud of Anna for being so brave!  No pictures on the ropes course because no camera/loose items allowed, but really cool.  And then she climbed to the top of two different climbing walls-  here she is climbing one of them.  Phenomenal.



Then Becky helped me make a bunch of crabapple jelly (super tasty, and I'm still making it), and then we all made crowns/headbands together out of beads.  Becky made one for me that used some of the extra polymer clay teeth from Seymour, and it turned out really cool.  I actually wore it to work Monday (the teeth aren't too obvious.  All in all a great time.




On Sunday I did a bunch of quilting on my big quilt, but I don't really have any pictures to share.  It was nice to get a lot done though.


The dogs are being their regular selves (DOG!), and Blue had a good time over the weekend with Auto. 

Auto was here to visit for the weekend.


The flowers are still blooming.  One of my dahlias that's had big creamy white flowers now has a creamy pink flower!  Cool and weird!  We've also had a ton of wonderful butterflies and dragonfly things that are not actually dragonflies lately.   Also super cool!





I hope you are all having a good week and staying cool!!  Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like.




9 comments:

  1. first of all, coolest climbing wall. Second, those dogs are bone tired after playing... what a great feeling to be all spent and content. Great capture on the dragonfly picture!! A pink dahlia is a little gift. Crabapple jelly looks delish, and will give you a lot of joy over the next months. I've seen them but never tried it. Well, to be honest I never met a jelly I didn't like! So fun for us to read about your visit with sis. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers and butterflies-what's not to like? Very pretty. I've never had crabapple jelly. Sounds good. mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend with your family! I'm so impressed with the climbing activities. Your flowers are looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so funny how dogs will lay down like that, splaying most of their tummy on the cool floor! And what a cool climbing wall, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting stuff for sure but I am especially interested in trying the crab apple Jelly....See if you can convince MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun activities! The dog pics made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dog pictures are super cute. We have one crabapple tree so I have the possibility to make the jelly but as I’ve said, it will be a while before they are ripe. Sounds like such a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jelly is such a pretty color. Love the photos of the dogs. lol Looks like it was a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photo series - that jelly looks like it will last you all winter! We are enjoying the butterflies, bees and hummingbirds that are attracted to our flowers - not so many dragonflies, though. Joining you from I Like Thursday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete