1. The sinkhole in my backyard came back. That's not actually a good thing, but luckily due to some pressuring from Mike they were able to come out and fix it again the same day! Hooray! (and THANKS to Mike). And very kindly Mike also mowed my lawn and took pictures of my two finished quilts. What a great great friend. Hopefully this also means I'll get blog posts up about the new quilts sometime soon. They're very different and I can't wait to share them.
2. My pink dahlias are blooming away. This was a bunch I cut to bring into the house. So lovely. Worth the painstaking watering all summer!
3. The pups are doing good! Bentley's back end seems to be doing better than it had been so we've been able to go back to our normal walks. And I managed to snap a picture of Blue at his most Dobby-like. Those ear flops just bring to mind the funny little house elf!
|Blue was pouting because I wanted to sit in his chair.|
Bentley thought there was space to come around that side of the chair. There was not. Poor guy, I unstuck him promptly.
4. I love my new work table! Part of the reason I re-did my big work table was so I'd have a large ironing and painting surface. This week I got to test both out and really enjoyed having the great space. I painted and then quilted two sets of fabrics for new abstract quilts, the one below started as white crushed velvet. I alwasys love seeing how different things take up paint. And always shout out to Georgia whose fabric stash I will be enjoying forever!! I painted this one while the fabric was sort of intentionally crumpled, and I love the little undersea volcano patterns that emerged. Not sure where these pieces will go, but somewhere interesting I hope!
5. While the paint was drying and I couldn't really sew, I took the opportunity to work a bunch on my complicated shawl knitting. I'm making slow but steady progress on it, helped along by my trusty cable needle and cable needle minder (thanks Melody!) I also started a quicky idiot crochet project. My friend Melody had what I thought was a fairly clever way to make a potholder; evidently it's pretty common but I'd never seen it so thought I'd give it a try. More about that later!
5. I saw this cool large spider while walking the dogs! It was quite big- his body was probably about 1.5 inches? I was actually glad he was so big because his web was between the tree branch and fence where we were walking and if I hadn't seen the big spider I'd have walked face first through the web and that's always gross.
6. I got a new car this week! My trusty old prius (there below) has served me well for a long long time, but has reached that age where things have started to go wrong. I had a really hard time letting go of it; I've driven it since 2007 and was very wrong, but my new car (a subaru outback) is lovely and hopefully will facilitate some of my long term plans. Of course car technology has changed in the years I've been out of the market so I'm still trying to get used to the new whizz bang features!
I hope you're all having good weeks! For more good stuff to like, check out Lee Anna's!