Wednesday, January 15, 2020

I like #147



1.  I like making crafty Christmas presents for people!  I know we're well into January, but I blogged about my Christmas crafts this week.  I broke them up into two posts, so click here for the fibery ones like these socks for my mom, and click here for the wooden ones!


2. I hosted a party at my house for the people in my church choir this weekend.  I haven't hosted a party in years and it was really fun!  There were about twenty of us and I had to scramble to find enough dishes and flatware and table space for everyone but it worked out really well. I put all four leaves in my grandparent's dining room table for the first time ever and it got way bigger than my "dining room"!   Overall it was just fun good fellowship and I was glad to have volunteered to host.  I didn't take any pictures except two terrible ones,  a picture of the iced tea on the floor because I forgot to close the spigot on my beverage crock before pouring the tea in, and this one of the tortillas I put into the oven to warm up and promptly forgot about for well over an hour.  To be honest though, I don't think anyone noticed the lack of tortillas!  A fun thing about the beverage crock; it's one my mother made way back in her early days of pottery, it dates from 1985 and I'm very pleased to have it!




3.  I love my pups!  This pic of Blue from this week makes me think of someone listening intently to your life story.  Yes mama, please tell me more!


4.  I really like possums, I think they're cute, and I was super excited to see this one perched in a tree above the entrance to our work parking garage this week!  I'm glad there was no one behind me because I stopped in the middle of the gate to get out and take a picture!  Wildlife on campus!

Then today I was at a workshop and during the lunch several bigwigs from on campus had joined us.  During the small group discussion after the lunch, the Dean of the College of Dentistry was making some remarks and suddenly the Dean of the College of Allied Health got this really weird look on his face while staring at the other Dean.  Everyone noticed and after about 30 seconds he started, and then quickly apologized saying he hadn't been making faces at the Dentistry dean, he'd just seen a possum outside the window and had gotten very distracted!  It was pretty funny!


5. I like quick sewing projects!  An acquaintance at work is having a baby and they're having a shower for her next week.  I can't be at the shower, but I made up this quick minky blanket as a present for her anyway.  I have no idea where that fun school print came from, but I was glad to use up a big chunk of it, and the minky is so soft!


I hope you've all had things to like this week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more positivity!




8 comments:

  1. I'm not as keen on opossums as you, but we've had them wandering right around the perimeter of our house. They are interesting animals. Your gathering at your house sounds like it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love possums. Do you know they eat ticks. Your party sounds like fun, oh the crock is fabulous, and your table extension made me giggle. When my dining room is clean I can set up another banquet table so we can have at least 24 people eat at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed looking at your crafty Christmas gifts - those wooden ornaments are really amazing! I loved the Nativity pieces, too. I have a wooden Nativity made by my dad that fits together into the "stable" piece like a puzzle. I really love it. How fun to see oppossums like that! And I love your photo of Blue - you need to frame that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon! Oh, that's so cool that you are using the beverage crock that your mom made. And, she did a fabulous job as well. Aww, Blue! Not only is he listening intently but you can see he is very, very sleepy but didn't want to appear rude. I love dogs. Aww, Minky! I used it for the first time this month. So very soft. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Your photos are really cool. I can’t believe you got that one of the possum. I also liked your ornament with all the words-very unique. Congrats on your party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wooden snowflakes are so cool! Huzzah for hosting a party - always good to be around happy people. Your pups are cuties. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. possums! I like armadillos, possums on a half shell. That pic of Blue captures such a gesture. It totally looks like he's a professor saying tell me more of that theory. Entertaining people is fun but work, clean before, then after the party but what fun in between.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that photo of Blue! He does look like he is listening intently or trying to hypnotize you (Look into my eyes...). That look from Scout means she wants a snack (again). I love your wooden pieces, that is such a neat idea!!! Love the idea of your party and glad all went well! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete