Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I like #152

I'm back with another week of things to like.  My sister and the kids were up this weekend which was wonderful and fantastic in every way.  My life is so much better when they are around!

We went for a run with the kids, and then went out for breakfast with lots of hilarious mad libs.  After that we went to the natural history museum where Anna did fantastic and Alex liked seeing the big dinosaurs. Later in the day we made hug monsters, which was a fun craft project.  When I was in youth group as a kid we used to make hug balls, just big yarn pom poms, and then whenever you hugged one another you'd pull out a string from the pom pom and tie it around the neck string of the hug ball.  We did the same thing this time only made it a little more crafty by turning them into monsters.  The kids had fun and Becky and I went a bit nuts.  Mine has feet and a baby on her shoulder.  Becky's hug ball has pigtails and is evidently cannibalistic as it seems to be eating a smaller hug ball.  In any event we had a fun time hugging each other the rest of the weekend.










I saw this dog while stopped at a stop light the other day.  It looked like one of those things you see on an internet video but I laughed out loud to see it for real.  He looked so human and comfortable there.  



Speaking of dogs, my favorite instagram dog account is @weratedogs  All the dogs get at least 11/10, and they're all the very best dogs ever.  The captions are hilarious, the dogs are adorable, and I highly recommend the account.  They recently came out with a pink version of their "tell your dog I said hi" decal and I had to get one to put on my laptop.  I am definitely the kind who wants to say hi to your dog. 

And I thought it was time for an update on my cacti.  A bunch of the really tiny ones have died, but I have several that are still growing.  There are found medium sized ones and one slightly larger one (about 1" high).  And it's kind of hard to see but towards the bottom of the picture there are five or six really tiny ones growing, and I really hope I can keep them going.


 I hope you had a good week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more people looking for things to like!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! OMG - I love that sticker for your computer. I am definitely a person that says hi to dogs, and that picture you shared of the shepherd!! He looks so comfy. No Blue and Wesley photos? I hope they're doing well. Your monsters are SO cute, and look at the cacti. I am nursing a few tiny ones myself - all I do is talk to them now and then and ask them not to shrivel up and die. I think yours are doing so well! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pompom creatures are so fun! lol One happy dog in that truck. Long needles on those little cacti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn monsters are awesome. Looks like a great time was had. Cacti are so finicky! I had one for years, and then it just died. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hug monsters are so cute! You and your sister think up the most fun things to do with the kids! I'll have to check out that Instagram account - sounds fun! Glad your cacti are hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loved this craft project with the kids. I know a little someone who would enjoy this too. Are cacti hard to grow?
    Dogs and cats and all animals are amazing and funny too sometimes. Love that decal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hug balls!! So clever and what a great project for kids! That german shepherd made me laugh too :D It's so fun to see what everyone grows in their gardens. Glad you have some new cacti babies coming up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hug ball project sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great that the visit was fun, I've never heard of hug balls. Gotta go check out the dog site, I want to say hi too

    ReplyDelete