Monday, February 3, 2020

Petals-Finished

Last week I blogged about the first part of another new dimensional quilt and today I'm back to share finished pictures.  The piece has three panels, and after painting the petals and the background, I hand stitched each one down.  I put PVC pipe under each row of petals and then painted them with fabric stiffener so they'd stay round and perched out.  The PVC pipe also helps prevent them from being squashed in shipping.  (Shipping this kind of work is its own special nightmare).

On one panel the petals curve up, on the other side they curve down, and in the middle half are up and half are down.




I wasn't sure what to name this one either,  the little cutouts remind me of advent calendar windows and little miniature shrines or nichos, but in the end I decided to just go with "Petals" since that was my original inspiration.
Petals, c. 2020 Shannon Conley, 32x51x3, Photo Mike Cox







No comments:

Post a Comment