Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Kirigami #3: Open Windows: Finished!

Yesterday I shared the in progress pictures of my latest kirigami quilt, and here are the finished pictures.  I loved this quick iphone snap of all three on the wall waiting for mike to come take pictures!


Here is the current one finished.  This time because the front cut piece was fairly small and floppy, I mounted it on a completely separate quilt which was quilted and finished on the back before stitching the cut front piece on to the surface.  The background is a more burnt orange than you can see in this picture,  I really wanted something warm and autumnal to balance out the pink/purple/turquoise of the front.  I love working with the pink/purple/turquoise palette, but it can wind up looking juvenile, so I thought burn orange was a good way to go.  My sister said it looked like half my style (pink and rainbowy purple) and half my mom's style (autumn colors), but that's ok with me!
Kirigam #3: Open Windows, c. Shannon Conley, 2020, 28" x 20", Photo c. Mike Cox




No comments:

Post a Comment