Thursday, August 6, 2020

I Like #175

Welcome to another week of things to like.  It was a quiet week here, but still some good things.

We're having an unexpected cold snap with morning temperatures in the 70s and daytime temperatures in the mid 80s, which is about 20 degrees cooler than usual for this time of year, so it's made being outside very nice.
Alex made Blue a dog biscuit which made me super happy.  Such a sweetie.  And of course Blue loved it.

I got a whole package of hot dog buns that somehow went through the slicer the wrong way.  I'm not sure how that's even possible, but they were pretty funny.

I got caught up on my summer embroidery project this week.  I think I haven't shared all of them, but here are the two I did this week, one for the Secret Garden, and one for Charlotte's Web.  I'm really enjoying these small projects.


I haven't made any masks for a while, mostly everyone I know has enough and I have about 7 I cycle through so I have a clean one each day at work.  However, a friend of mine's daughters are going back to school soon and she asked for some int he school colors so I made up a new batch.
The pups have been super snuggly this week, I can't get pictures while they're snuggling, but I caught this one of them sharing the pouf.
I passed this pretty flower walking in to work.  It caught my eye because it was almost like a weed- one single beautiful flower randomly growing in a bed otherwise completely filled with some sort of monkey grass. 


I had a little shock, thinking my tomato plant was making pink and yellow flowers only to realize the pink one was a stray zinnia that had sprouted up in the pot.


On a not so liking note-  I've been noticing lots of holes in my petunias, and I think this guy and his friends must be the culprit.  I squashed him (sorry not sorry), but I'm going to have to keep an eagle eye out for additional caterpillars.

Overall the flowers are doing well right now,  (Except the dead dahlias all behind me).  Unfortunately all the Zinnias have white leaf mold, I don't know why they're so susceptible but it drives me bananas.  And I cut a ton of webworm infested branches off of the marigold bush last weekend.  I don't know any other way to get rid of that.
Hope everyone has a good week and is staying safe!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

10 comments:

  1. what a lovely flowerbed... why don't caterpillars eat weeds instead of pretty flowers? Hm? too much to ask? There's something about Blue's face... so soft... imagine if you hadn't found each other... he needed you to grow into a secure dog with friends. Nice that your nephew wants to give to others, taking care of pups too. That's a good sign of a developing character isn't it?
    Those tomatoes are thriving! I'd like to see a yellow flower soon so I can even have green tomatoes to fry before frost. Your sky photo is gorgeous. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers look so pretty! I love a mix of colors and types all together like that! I have those caterpillars on my petunias, too - wish I knew how to get rid of them. Glad you're enjoying some cooler weather right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That biscuit looks so good, I want to eat it! Some buns are split that way! The zinnia in the tomatoes is a fun surprise! Look at all those masks! Puppers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon! That is so sweet that Alex made Blue a dog biscuit. Clearly, Blue was happy to eat it. That is so funny about the hot dog buns! OOPS! It missed quality control, too. And I can't believe that dahlia snuck into the tomato pot - surprise. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get buns like that when I get Lobster Rolls. Your sneaky plants and critters are great. Love the puppers as usual, Bobbin has been really cuddly too, much more than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat embroidery and how kind you are to sew masks. Your garden looks lovely in spite of the critters. Those tomatoes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is so pretty! Love your embroidery! I"m over here in Pennsylvania and our stores always sell hot dog rolls cut just like that! Have a safe and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those buns immediately made me think of lobster rolls - yum! I just saw a recipe for how to make them. What a pretty garden - your tomatoes are looking really good. Your pups are cute, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I buy hoagie rolls and slice them this way. You load up the bun and put the hotdog or brat on top...nothing falls off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that amazing flower is nerine bowdenii. it is so beautiful!! they must have been popular in some ages past, because i see them in so many Norman gardens, but never see them in shops to buy! i must order some online at some point, they are SO magical just arriving out of nowhere like that!

    ReplyDelete