Thursday, October 28, 2021

I Like #232

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


This week we were excited to wish my younger cousin bon voyage as she starts a new chapter in her life; she's an aquarist who used to work at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago but is moving to Abu Dhabi to help them design and build a huge new aquarium there.  What a super cool adventure!  She's the littlest girl in the front of this picture from Easter c. 1992 (that's my sister and me in the back).  Good luck Sage!!


I have a pot of begonias that is still blooming; I think I'll try to bring it in and overwinter it.  We'll see if I can find space in the house by a window!


Bentley and Blue got into a small tussle this week over some food molecules in the bottom of a bowl (you can see a small injury just to the side of Bentley's eye), but a couple hours later they were snuggled right up together on the dog beds.  Craziness.


And here, Spooky had been barking non-stop straight at Bentley for several minutes.  I don't know if he wanted Bentley to play or wanted Bentley to get off the pouf, or wanted the little dog bone on the pouf (about which Bentley cares not at all).  Regardless, I love Bentley's serene face; he just completely ignored Spooky.


I went to our annual Diocesan church convention this weekend.  Some parts were inspiring and some more boring business meeting, but I got a lot of knitting done, including finishing the sleeves on my sweater.  I'm now on the border.  It's very long (all the way around the edge/bottom/hood) but it does mean I'm almost nearing the end!  Of course then I'll have to weave in the 800 ends, but that's just life!


I hope everyone had a good week!!!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


6 comments:

  1. Great likes! Dog scuffles are concerning but glad to see they made up! I love your knitting projects! Best of luck to your cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an opportunity for your cousin. I have good friends who teach in Dubai and they have enjoyed it so much, they keep extending their stay. From their photos, it looks very modern and beautiful.
    Meanwhile, neat knitting and it is always so fun to see the dogs. Yes to overwintering the begonia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! WOWEE! Your cousin moving to Abu Dhabi is a huge adventure. I wonder how long she'll be there? Do you have any plans to visit her? I hope you update us on this as you hear from her. That sounds like a fabulous opportunity for her. Your begonias look fab!! Wintering them inside sounds like a great idea. Oh, the dogs!! They always make me smile. Bentley's total disregard for Spooky just cracks me up!! It's like, I hear you. I'm ignoring you no matter how long you bark at me. HAHA! Great job on your sweater. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what an adventure! The begonias look awesome. I keep wondering, could I transplant my lantana, heliotrope, or citronella and bring it inside for the winter. Awe the kids are fighting. Bobbin loves to go to my daughters to hoover up any micro speck of food there. Obviously I don't drop enough. Good job on the sweater. LOL your comment about weaving in the ends reminds me of a meme I saw recently about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and Bentley look like: sorry, Dude. Gah - a lot of ends on that sweater - but I'm sure it will look great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like Bentley's self control. I would like to ignore some public officials for instance.

    ReplyDelete