Thursday, June 9, 2022

I like #258

 It's been a crazy few weeks; after dropping the dogs off with my parents over mother's day weekend, I had two back to back work trips, one in San Antonio and one in Glasgow.  Both were lovely, with good weather and interesting science, but very chaotic.  The travel associated with the Glasgow trip in particular was wretched, as was traveling internationally while COVID cases are again on the rise.  But I'm home now and have my beloved dogs back, so it's time to get back on track with things to like!

I liked being on the riverwalk in San Antonio.  It was fairly touristy, but so pleasant to walk around, with big mature trees providing shade and so many beautiful flowers.


After the San Antonio trip, I had an unexpected weekend back again with my folks in New Mexico (I had to go to El Paso to sort out a passport problem), and so I got to see my dogs for a couple days before heading back out for the next trip.  Always lovely to see my folks too, and my favorite red hot pokers were blooming there.




The Glasgow trip was great, but short- I lost my only sightseeing day to travel delays, but we did skip one conference afternoon to take a wonderful visit to the Kelvingrove art museum and walk around Kelvingrove park.  It was a lovely museum and the park was filled with lots of beautiful blooming things.



And now I'm just grateful to be back home with Spooky and Blue.  I missed them and was done with the chaos. There's always a lot to do catching back up, but that's just life.




And it's been very wet and rainy here but also that means not quite as hot as usual and it means that my garden is going gangbusters.  Lots of lovely things flowering in it, including zinnias and the first dahlias.  I loved tracking this first big dahlia this week as it opened up.








I hope you guys are having some things to like! For more things to like click over to LeeAnna's!








5 comments:

  1. Your river walk area looks amazing! Travel has been miserable of late. I am happy to stay at home for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thank your giving the name of your Red Hot Poker flowers, I've always wondered what it
    was, I'm going to have some of those in my garden next year. We a planted a couple Dahlias in the garden this year, yours are beautiful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have had a busy week. Loved seeing your garden. I had Red Hot Poker (kniphofia) in my former house. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh.... blue makes my heart sing at his expressions. What a gorgeous pic of the bridge... I just do not have time today to paint it but dang! I will... and Scotland... jealous... did you visit any standing stones??? guess not since you returned. Love poker plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many adventures packed into a short time! The boys are as handsome as always, I bet they missed you. Going to the Riverwalk is a bucket list item for me. What an interesting flower the red hot poker. Oh you got to go to Scotland, how fun, but how disappointing to miss a sightseeing day. Your dahlia is gorgeous and love the zinnia.

    ReplyDelete