Thursday, June 16, 2022

I Like #259

 After many weeks of chaos, this week was very much appreciated at-home catch up week.  I've managed to get fairly caught up at work (if such a thing is possible), and even had some time at home to work on an almost-overdue quilt I hadn't started yet.  It's nice to have a week where I feel like I can catch my breath. 


I love my garden.  No tomatoes yet although my plant is huge.  I'm wondering if the fact that I only have one means it isn't pollinating properly?  It's weird, but everything else is flourishing.  I spent two hours this weekend (unsuccessfully) trying to fix a leaking outdoor faucet, but at least I still have water- it's gotten to the hot time of year where I have to give the flower garden a good solid soaking twice a day otherwise all the things in pots get really crispy.

The zinnias are still going gangbusters (and last better than anything else when cut) and the big purple dahlias are just wonderful.




The giant magnolia trees near my work are also blooming, I love seeing them every year too.

The pups are doing great, lots of snuggles.




This was a good week for books, I discovered (clearly later than everyone else) that there are two sequels to one of my favorite travel books Dear Bob and Sue.  The two sequels (Dear Bob and Sue Season 2 and Season 3) were available at my library on audiobook and I very much enjoyed them.  They are about a couple's adventures traveling around to public lands (National Parks, National Forests, etc.) in the US.  Definitely recommended if you need a charming light read.

https://www.nowherebookshop.com/book/9780985358167



And finally, I liked getting to work on a new quilt project this week.  It's based on all the different crystal structures of ice.  I'll write more about it later, but you can see a quick sneak peek of the piece in progress.


I hope everyone is finding some things to like this week, and for more encouragement, click over to LeeAnna's!


4 comments:

  1. are you painting that quilt? ohhh the puppies. Great flowers... so gorgeous and lush. the books sound right for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling like you can take a breath. When things are hectic it seems like everything is overwhelming at times, at least for me. Your flowers are gorgeous, and the pups as usual look happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are way ahead of mine. I don't have any zinnias or dahlias. Maybe I should next year. Yours are so pretty! I'm intrigued to see what your new project will be. You always come up with the most interesting ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catch-up time is always a good thing here too! I just love your zinnias. I've planted them before -- not sure why I didn't this year. Must've been a senior moment (again)! They are so easy, bright, colorful. What's not to love!!??!

    ReplyDelete