Thursday, June 23, 2022

I Like #260

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  This was a good week just at home, and productive time at work, so consequently most of the things to like are as usual for this time of year, namely, dogs and flowers.


I worked from home on Monday, and Spooky and Blue wanted me to stop to play, but alas.



Blue absolutely did not want to get down off the couch for me to straighten the cushions and put back on the couch cover. 



Brett and Cash came over to play last night, and they had tons of fun rumpusing.




This morning they did not want me to make the bed. 


The flowers are still looking great.  It's gotten really hot here now, and my garden is adjacent to my metal studio which radiates heat, so some of my zinnias have just completely withered no matter how much I water.  This happens every year and sometimes I can rescue some by reorganizing the pots.  I did that, but some I think got too crisped up, so we'll see.  But new dahlia varieties keep blooming and it's so fun that they've been staggered.  This frilly one was a great new one this week  (it's behind the zinnias in the bouquet below).                                                                                                


The deep purple ones are still going well, and there were also some pink and yellow stripey ones that looked good this week (no pictures of those I guess, but I shared them last week).

Referring back to my longfield garden orders, I think I have the following varieties:

The yellow pom poms are Boom Boom Yellow (below on the right, producing tons of flowers, lots of long stems)
The deep purple, yellow and pink stripe, and orange yellow all came from a mixed bag called Sugar Plum Mix (these have been great, very pretty nice long stems for cutting).

I have another variety I haven't shown pictures of called Cactus Karma Pink, it's blooming, but the blooms are really tightly packed and have no stems to speak of so they're lovely but pretty impossible to cut for arrangements.  I'll try to share pictures of them at least next week.

And the frilly ones are one of my favorites, Penhill Watermelon, and they were actually the first I overwintered in the ground!  It came back great this year. I only have one plant of it, but I love it.


And then the most recent one to start blooming were these lovely ones, all orange and yellow.  So fun!  I don't think there are any more varieties left to bloom yet, but 


I love my flower beds!!

I hope there are good things to like in your life this week, to see more, click over to LeeAnna's!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Your flowers are all beautiful. I got 2 Dallas for my garden this
    year. So pretty with long stems. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete