Thursday, November 3, 2022

I Like #277

 Welcome to another week of things to like.  We had lovely fall weather this week, a little rain, a little cool, but not cold yet.  

Our prompt from LeeAnna this week is our favorite pumpkin baked goods.  I love baking with pumpkin, and I like every pumpkin baked good I've ever had except pumpkin pie (I'm just not crazy about the texture.  I think I my favorite recipe is for pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.


I like catching up on blogging!  I blogged this week about a quilt I finished this summer based on the phase diagram for ice.  You can read more about it here and here.




I broke one of my favorite pottery cups this week-it was really sad, it was one of the last pieces I had from a glaze my mom used only very very early in her career (the brown with the dark brown spots).  I decided to make some earrings out of some of the broken shards.  Not as nice as having my cup, but better than nothing.  And I love stash-using-crafts.


The pups looking adorable on the sofa.  Unfortunately, Spooky has been on a sofa-eating rampage this week.


We're doing a [non-licensed] Harry Potter mystery game for my sister's birthday, so I made some happy Harry Potter witch hats for my sister's friend Katie and my mom who didn't have any yet.  I like doing small fun stash-crafts.



The flowers are still blooming which makes me very happy.  Unfortunately I have a wretched infestation of cucumber beetles (green with the black spots on the yellow dahlia below) and they are just eating holes in all the flower petals.





Wishing everyone a good week, and don't forget to vote next Tuesday! Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! Where to start... cookies look delish! Puppies are adorable especially blue's face. Spooky must be frustrated. Milo started dragging his soft bed around the room like he's an interior decorator. Your flowers, show stopping. They remind me of old tv shows where the people would grow hot house blooms to win a contest

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way, why did it say I'm anon when I'm LEE ANNA! crikey! and your pottery earrings are art, little sculptures. I love that glaze and would save what I could too. Good save!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings are such a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No eating the couch! I like how you salvaged your cups. Beautiful flowers, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dahlias are lovely. I haven’t been lucky yet getting them to grow. Not going to stop trying. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crazy in love with the earrings! And, to know that you made them from the broken shards! Oh my! Special! I hope you wear them lots!

    ReplyDelete