Thursday, December 15, 2022

I Like #282

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  I was still sick for the first part of this week but luckily I'm feeling better now.  


The most exciting thing to love this week was our annual Advent service of Lessons and Carols at church.  It's a service of alternating bible lessons and choral music that walks through all the advent lessons about the coming of the Messiah.  Our (small but mighty) choir sings several choral anthems and hymns every year for it, and it's a wonderful part of Advent for me.  You can currently watch it on our church youtube channel here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jXWvAwqKA&t=21s

At the beginning (before the video part of the recording starts, you can hear our church's recently reconstituted handbell choir. I love playing handbells, even though we're all a bit rusty.


I'm currently loving my new insulated water bottle-  it was an early Christmas gift from a good friend and as a dog person, she knew I'd love it! 



It's been chilly and very rainy and grey outside which isn't too nice, but inside my Christmas cactus is bringing a wonderful burst of color.


And of course I love the pups.  They've been especially snuggly this week.







A short list this week since I don't have too many pictures, but I'm loving the Advent season as usual, especially now that I feel better.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!








5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas cactus is gorgeous! Cute water bottle for a dog lover. I should see if I can find one for cat lovers! DD and DS , both go have kitty roommates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That water bottle is a hoot! That Christmas cactus is magnificent! The pups are cute, as usual. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon - joining you from I Like Thursday this week! When I get a moment, I will watch the Carols video - sounds fabulous. I went to a Christmas concert last weekend and it was so wonderful, I even shed a few tears ... A friend gave me a small Christmas cactus as a gift, and it is blooming one flower at a time. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great water bottle! so true, too. Your cactus is astounding, you have such a green thumb... or a colorful thumb because you nurture flowers
    love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete