Thursday, December 22, 2022

I Like #283

 Welcome to another week of things to like!

We're getting clost to Christmas and I'm slowly either wrapping up pre-holiday things or just admitting they're going to turn into post-holiday things.

My friend Brett and I went to look at Christmas lights again this past weekend and this is a picture of one of my favorite lit trees at the local Methodist church.


The pups are doing lots of snoozing and stretching and cuddling just as much as ever!  Spooky did destroy a couch cushion though.  On Sunday I went in the evening to our church's children's Christmas pageant (which was wonderful), and was only gone an hour so I figured it would be ok not to remove the couch cushions, but that was a mistake!


I love my Christmas cacti, they provide such a wonderful shot of color, and excitingly (and weirdly), I have one that has both red and pink flowers this year!



One exciting task I got finished this week was mending a hand knit sock Spooky had partially eaten,  I love my hand knit socks and I'm always glad to be able to rescue them.

And of course today starts the arctic storm blast.  We had a little tiny bit of snow overnight but mostly it's just very very cold.  It was 7 degrees (F) as I was driving to work which is very cold for our area and I think it's supposed to hover around 5 for most of the day.  Very very windy, but luckily not much precipitation so the roads are ok.


Hoping you are all staying warm and indoors!  For more things to like, head over to LeeAnna's!





6 comments:

  1. I can see why that is your favourite! Such a pretty tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spooky is as destructive as Milo! He may need the security of a crate when you leave? I know you don't want him to be cooped up all day but for an hour? That tree is so exciting! Don't you kind of wish they'd light it up all year? I cannot mend holes well in my hand knit socks, we get them on the soles. My mending always makes a bump that annoys me.
    that cactus is lush!
    Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! Oh, that tree is gorgous! And your cactus - how cool that it has both colors. Merry Christmas to you and your family. We've got the snow and WIND starting today. Stay warm and safe. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - admitting they'll become post-holiday stuff. I may need to do that myself. That tree looks fantastic - almost like it was yarn-bombed. Bad Spooky! Your cactus is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tree! It reminds me of the ones I saw at Longwood Gardens. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon - I linked to I Like Thursday this week, but I forgot to tell LeeAnna; do come visit if you have time. That is an amazing tree! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete