Thursday, June 29, 2023

I Like #306

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  On Saturday I went down to north Texas to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday.  It was just my sister, two more friends and me, and we had a great time- stayed in a cabin near a lake and just hung out the whole day playing board games, blowing bubbles, sitting in the hot tub.  The party was bubble themed, so I made a champagne cake for the birthday girl.  I'd never made one before.  It was quite tasty but did call for 6 egg whites.  It was just a super fun time!




I've been harvesting yummy cherry tomatoes from the garden, and then this week I picked two big jalapeƱos and two giant zuchinni.  Very exciting.  



I used a little bit of one of them to make my favorite garlic and parmesan broiled zuchinni slices






The flowers are still going strong, but it's getting very hot and not as rainy now, so things are looking a little wilty.  I worry we're in the time of year where everyone sort of limps along




In trying to put away some fabric that my sister's mother-in-law kindly destashed to me, I went down one of those studio clean-out rabbit holes on Sunday afternoon, everything got way worse before it got better, but I did get stuff put back away, and I love inheriting fabric and supplies that would otherwise be destined for the dump.


The pups are good,  I spent quite a bit of time this week working on a project with a June 30 deadline so there were lots of pictures of them "helping" 


I also finally got a blog post up this week about the show my mom and I have currently at the Pacific Northwest Quilt museum, so head over here to take a look at that!  I hope no one is too hot and that if it's summer where you are, the AC is working!


















1 comment:

  1. I love Blue's face. And they're kind of cute with the synchronized snoozing. Those zucchini slices look good! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete